Sunday, March 11, 2007

GRATEFUL

I have been taking the simple abundance journey. Journaling is a part of it, but also a gratitude journal and an illustrated discovery journal. I've been doing all three. There's no self-induced guilt trip if I do not do it everyday...but I do try to at least write 5 things that I am grateful for each day. There's quite a lot of things to list, whether small or huge, they are all significant. I picked six things though that I am grateful for that have made and/or are making me who I am.

To some up the six things in one word, I came up with the word Adoption. I am grateful:


  1. That I am God's child, I have been adopted into His family, His promises never fail;

  2. I am grateful that I have two families (the Roebuck's and the Bowers');

  3. I'm grateful for Daisy and Archie (I'm a believer that our pets are part of our family ;) ;

  4. I am grateful for where my life is now and the new life I'm creating. This quote says it all, "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." French writer Andre'-Gide;

  5. I am grateful for the love I have to make Emma my own;

  6. I am grateful for the many differerent cultures that have and that will become my own.
Adoption - to chose for or take to oneself; make one's own by
selection. To adopt a name, culture, belief, habit, routine. To take or receive into any kind of new relationship. To adopt a person as an heir.


This month, my challenge was to show these things in a layout, an art challenge:


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!