Monday, May 07, 2007

May Already!

A bunch of cool projects this month that I just loved.
Star was from class at my local Scrapbooking store.











Mother's day is coming up this week and we've already got my mother-in-law's, Arnette, gift in the mail. The idea for a perpetual magnetic scrapbook board came from one of my online classes. I used a dry erase, cork board I already had in my workout room to make the first one for me. I used old costume jewelry and heavy-duty glue and magnets to make the magnets myself.












Then I bought a bigger board and made one for my Mother-in-Law. Did a lot more embellishing on hers. These look so much better in person.












Made this for Allison, one of my girls from youth group. She's graduating from high school and going off to college and moved away.

This month's Life Challenge and Art Challenge for one of my classes is to create the LEGACY we want to leave, to think about where you've come from, and where are you going or who do you want to become. I'm too much of a thinker, cause I came up with all kinds of things. For the art challenge, I didn't have one picture showing all of the generations of mothers. Our family has too big of a generation gap. I could have used a picture that represented the past, but I decided it would be kind of cool seeing the pictures of my mom, grandmothers, great grandmothers, and great great grandmothers. Another part of the art challenge was to make flowers out of fabric you already have. Well, you know, Dennis couldn't believe when my mom died how much all of us kids hold on to the silliest things. I have quite a few pieces of her clothing and some of her nightgowns. So I used cut up pieces from one of her nightgowns to make the flowers. I also used a pair of costume pearl earrings that my mother and I used to share, strung them up on gold metallic thread and layered on top of the ribbon. Really came out nice. I think it's a good tribute to her and all of the women from my past.














__________________
I can't believe this is May already. Haven't replied yet to my big sis's email stating that I have a special birthday coming up. I really hadn't thought about it, but then that reminded me, oh yeah, I'll be 40 June 3rd. I hate to admit this, but my eyes have not been what they used to be for awhile now, I'm breaking out in sweats a lot more, and I've caught myself on numerous occasions walking into a room and totally forgeting why I walked in there. Other than that, I still feel like a kid ;)

Daisy still isn't doing great. Her itching and licking just keeps getting worse. Waiting to here from the dermatologist in B.R. to see what she recommends at this stage.

I'm trying not to figure out how Harry Potter will end.

Since I have the time to read, I figured I'd try picking up C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity again since I'm alone and can read it slowly. Well, it still didn't work. I have a mental thing with his writing. I can read one sentence and not get it. Aside from your mind naturally wandering, I find it is constantly wandering when I read any of his books. I really want to read them too. I've read J.R.R. Tolkien books, of course, can't pronounce all of the made up languages he has throughout them, but I still get it and it flows for me.

It may be an age thing again, or just a focusing problem, but if something doesn't grab me right away, forget it. I get too antsy. You wouldn't want to watch TV with me because I'm a flipper when the commercials come on, or I'll watch two things at once. We did switch to DirectTV and have DVR now. I even get antsy with that. You either see the commercials as you fast forward or you go so fast, you've already gone into the program and back to another set of commercials. Glad to finally have DVR though. At least it helps out a little.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't love your YTR May LO more...I keep going back to it and thinking...I should just send you my picture file and hire you to do mine! I love so much your arrangement - it doesn't seem heavy - and love that you included your mom's fabric. Perfect. THinking of your little ladybug and red string...
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!