Saturday, June 16, 2007

Is it Love or Not

Haven't been on in awhile. But had a wonderful 40th birthday, really! My sisters, brother-in-law, and niece came over, well, I didn't know they were coming over until they were HERE! Went to lunch and had a really good visit. Just haven't been able to post, because for the last two weeks I have had terrible headaches (I've had them since grade school). Got more meds from the Dr. Thank God for her!

But that's not what I'm posting about. Happened to pick up one of my scrapbook mags and saw this very honest and loving layout about the day a mom discovered her baby had Dravet syndrome about 13 years ago and the way life for both of them had been since that time. Beautiful story, but what really got me was when she said this:

"And I have learned that God loves us and that He is with us through every challenge."

This blog is not the place where I would journal, so WARNING, this time this is straight out of my journal ;) All the signs and stuff that say God loves you or Jesus loves you is like putting the cart before the horse. It's in your face and almost forced on people - God FORCED on people. God does love us and you and He does draw us to Him. If I didn't know Dennis and I saw signs put up telling me he loves me - I might think that's nice, but I don't even know him. That doesn't mean that God didn't have His Hand in you seeing a sign on the road saying God loves you. He can take bad behaviors or poor behavior and use it for His good and to draw you to Him.

But that is what bothers me about the churchy stuff and all the stuff and signs with God loves you, is God can be a lot more creative and loving the way He would want you to feel, experience, and learn that He loves you, because He wants you to love Him in return for REAL, NOT based on the mechanics of religion.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!