Thursday, August 30, 2007

The house is a mess

I get so involved in whatever it is I'm doing...and when I get ideas, I have to roll with it and my surroundings end up a mess. I love to experiment with making things...sounds a lot like my dad when he made flower pots out of dog dishes...he called it research and development. Playing around with anything to see what you can come up with...love it. In the mornings dad would sit at the kitchen table and he would just think. He raised cacti and succulent, actually came up with his own species, and also raised Amaryllis. So with learning the species, raising them from seeds, creating his own species, making pots for all of this...he would be at the kitchen table a lot looking at magazines or books. Oh, and he made huge messes. I am soooo like him. Not with the plants, didn't get the green thumb AT all, but his Amaryllis and daylilies I have are thriving as well as his crown of thorn and dessert rose...pure luck though. But whatever has gotten my interest, I really absorb myself in it and then just have fun with it or dabble in research and development.

Dennis and I are playing around with adding more products to http://www.mypillows4me.com/ Just a couple.

These are some of the things I came up with this month as far as altering/scrapbook type creations:




Made this magnetic board for Dennis. Perfect to put his running schedule and workout routines on.

Was on a roll making bookmarks for some reason. The pictures I took while in N.O., I washed them out and printed them on cardstock...love these.







Was curious about trying to make this magnetic bookmark. Looks kind of like a medal, but the inspiration came from my class and journal.

I really wanted to use this stamp. Love the layered look.




Since Jenny took such a fabulous picture and it was her first visit here to New Orleans, couldn't resist making this up for her.

Today is my brother's birthday and this arrived for him today. Took some of the pictures I took and put together this canvas. I loved taking these pictures. Love playing with my SLR camera and learning photography. Very addictive.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I love all these ideas. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!