Friday, November 09, 2007

Got My Cards from My A Year To Remember Classmates!!

Oh, this was so exciting to get this mail the other day...finally got a picture. These are 5X7 cards we could decorate however we wanted to and to put a quote on it. These were so touching to me, and I don't even know them personally. This is just a very small handful of ladies from the class. Felt like they were each picked out especially for me. I found out one of my cards went to someone in the UK...just so cool to be connected by the same desires of people all over the world.

I really appreciate handmade things. There is so much thought and detail that go into any project before any cutting, painting, gluing, writing, etc. begin. To anyone else, they would think this is no big deal or what do you do with it. But not to me...there's a lot of love that went into these cards. I will make a book or put these in a book to always look back on. Heck, I may even frame them.

Here's the quotes that are on them:
____________________
Be daring,
Be different,
Be impractical,
Be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Sir Cecil Beaton
By Erin
_______________
She decided to enjoy more and endure less!
Celebrate her choices
By Annie in Minnesota
_______________
When U are down,
REMEMBER
I am thinking of you with
POSITIVE thoughts!!!!!!!
Smile :), I do care!!!!!
By Babette
_______________
We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us - Joseph Campbell
By Hollee
_______________
She created with her hands but always left a piece of her heart (look closely & you will see it.)
By Ginny
_______________
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." Mother Theresa
By Gina from California
________________
She woke up one day and threw away all her excuses!
By Donelle
________________
May you be truly blessed to always glitter with a radiance that shines from deep within you - Barbara Becker Holstein
make it a year to remember everyday...heidi swapp And Emily too in helping to put her card together!
________________
If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -Mother Theresa_
By Elgbieta
________________
If you want to keep your memories, you first have to live them. -Bob Dylan
By Tammy from California
________________
Never wallow in mediocrity. Try hard things, for this is where all the fun is. Try to stay green, for this is where the growing is. Once you have heard the call, never give up. -Robert A. Reardon
By Jaymie from Indiana

~
So glad to be encouraged by the creativity and love from others.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a great little gift-I love all of the quotes too.

    I know what you mean about appreciating handmade things. I soooo love getting something handmade~like you said, not only do you get the item but also all the love that went into it. I have to admit, I won't make things for people who don't appreciate them anymore~I don't mean that in a negative way really~it's just kind of heartbreaking putting your work and love into, let's say, a card and watching it getting trown out with the wrapping paper, you know? I like when you know the person really "sees" what went into it~love included*!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:26 AM

    HEy patricia,

    You do fabulous work I am sure santa is going to be good to you! HO HO HO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!