Monday, November 26, 2007

My Crop in Houston, TX



Okay, so the girls over in Houston invited us girls here in Louisiana to an all day crop in their gourgeous By Design store. We're all going to the Scrap, Etc. even in April and this is a way to get to know each other before that time. I'm pitiful to say I've never done a crop and had no clue what a crop was to begin with when I first had gotten back into scrapbooking/making stuff. I just didn't get it or understand it. One of my friends on the Yahoo board going to the event, Sandy, invited anyone to stay at her house, just so we would get there.

I really wanted to go. But this would have been something my Mom would have never allowed. Yes, I'm 40, but if Mom were still alive, she still wouldn't let me go by myself. Well, even my foot problems couldn't get me out of going. My car was fine, that was all checked out, my insurance would take car of towing, I have a cell phone, I have a map, so I went for it. To me, this was a huge thing to drive to Houston and back by myself. I-10 W was even closed, which did give me a bit of a mild anxiety attack.

I had so much fun. Thank you again to Sandy, for opening her home to let me have a place to shower and sleep. And I did have a lot of fun at the crop. I actually ran out of things to do there for a little, but can always find something. I would definitely do it again. I just hope it's not when I-10 is closed again.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!