Friday, March 28, 2008

Curious about Referrals


I just did this LO yesterday, called Blessed? I Know So. And in a nutshell the journaling is to not feel sorry for us, child birth is a miracle, but child birth plus this amazing journey...totally blows my mind how He coordinates all of this. And, so, Yes, we are Blessed to see God's hand in this journey. Really something I wanted to document about regarding the "feelings" you pick up on as we expect through adoption.

It's been good and bad that I haven't been involved in the Yahoo groups that are adopting and may be traveling and meeting one day when we go to China. Good, because I feel like I've gotten on with my life, Bad, because we could be close...but how close, and I wish I could have shared this happy time with others; unfortunately, most of them are depressed instead of happy. But, anyway, I don't want any surprises!!! So I went off and checked the rumors and these people that have a gift for math that I absolutely do not. Here's what I found out with one of those fancy calculator thingies:
I punched in our LID (Log in Date) with China: 3/14/06 and got this:

If China did all future referrals at the exact same
speed as they did this month: 2008-11-08
Our best guess - a weighted average
of recent CCAA velocities, guessing that CCAA will perform about as well in the
future as they are performing now, but might return to previous trends:
2008-10-15
That's our best guess for when you might receive your referral.
Just at a guess, we can suppose that the CCAA either speeds up or slows down
significantly, and show you those dates. If they speed up:

2008-06-26. And if they slow down: 2009-06-06.
Since China generally sends out referrals in a
batch about once per month, your referral date could easily vary +/- one month
depending on whether you just get included or just get missed in a particular batch.

Interesting...hmmm Being married to Dennis for so long, I was going with the conservative referral of sometime in 2009 and knowing that we may not have to renew our I-600 for the third time. The sooner dates really scare me, was not expecting that, which is why I thought after doing this LO I better go see what's going on. Amazing how drastic the changes can be.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Melissa and came across your blog. I love it! We adopted from China in 2005 (plus have 2 bio kiddos). I love your projects too. Really creative. Do you sell anything on Etsy.com? Umm...I was wondering if I could link your blog to mine. I still have readers looking for more active families (ones that are waiting to adopt) and am always on the look-out for good blogs to add.

    Thanks and have a great day!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!