Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Back Home from Scrap, Etc. Event in Nashville

It's so good to be back home. Quite a few times I almost backed out of this trip because of my foot, but I'm glad I made it, although the doc was giving my foot another two months and this may have set it back much more.

I DID have fun and I'm GLAD I went, but I don't think I'd do it again. There were 600 women registered...I thought it was about 300 for some reason. Traveling is stressful in and of itself, but I knew my foot was better and still healing, but boy, what I didn't realize was how much walking AND standing I'd be doing. The Gaylord Opryland hotel is humongous, but I thought with my room being close to the convention and the food court being there, that it would all be okay. I was WRONG, WAY wrong. The second day of the event, I did what I swore I would never do, and finally gave into getting a scooter. $90 and worth saving my foot from more injury and/or surgery. I almost came home and left the event early because my foot was pretty bad. But since I had the scooter, I stuck it out. And I really wanted to see the second half of Heidi Swapp's class.

It was such a chaotic experience. And that is what I wanted to see for myself...exactly what one of these events was like. ...B U T....I LOVED meeting the people from Scrap, Etc., Yahoo, and ESPECIALLY SIStv...that was a highlight. And swapping our rolodex cards. The classes were great, but it was just too many people and very chaotic. The food court was a big disappointment. The second day I got a sandwich at break to keep until lunch. Which was a good thing, because I went back to my room to try to chill a little and the one key out of the two that was the only one working, now no longer worked. The cleaning lady let me in, but I had to go all the way up to the front desk to get it fixed. THANK YOU, GOD, FOR THE SCOOTER!!!

So, here's some pics and some of the things that I'd like to take away from the event and remember.

I got there a day early and had signed up for a luxury shopping tour with 27 other ladies. Megan did an amazing job of organizing this. She set us up with so many free things and then the 27 of us exchanged gifts with each other...I was blown away.
The last stop on our trip was to the SIStv warehouse!!! I was in heaven. So great to meet Jeannette and the SIS team and Fashionistas. I just love that site. But it was wonderful to see JJ's family. And I couldn't help but be a little partial to her little girl, Phoenix, because she's Asian. I did find out later that she was adopted from China. She was precious.
Class pic. I was in the largest of the 4 groups. Ours was about 240 people. I really lucked out and got a great spot with these ladies. Kelly, Linh, and Kelly are from the Scrap, Etc. boards and live near the store, Jen is a SISter from Scrap in Style. Really loved our table.
The first half of Heidi's class.
Heidi's daughter, Quincy, was completely knocked out. She had been having fun entertaining herself before she finally gave in and crashed.
Here's the two Kelly's that I met and sat with.
Yes, I got a pic with Heidi. She really taught me how to do a layout. Learned so much from her in A Year to Remember.
Gretchen is so down to earth. It was wonderful meeting her. She's an Alabama girl so I told her about Dennis and she didn't ask where in Alabama is he from, instead she asked who is he for. I hesitated not knowing who she was for, and then said Alabama...oh yeah...it was good...Roll Tide!
And...THIS...IS...MY SECRET SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is absolutely the most thoughtful person EVER!!! I would pick my jaw up from the floor when I'd get one of her amazing packages. She has the gift of giving!!! She had two people sneak me packages from her at the event until she finally brought the last one to me. I need to take a photo of this album she made for me. OMG...it should be published...just amazing!!! We did the SS for 7 months leading up to the event!!!
This is my SIS from SIStv!!! Jen is wonderful. So talented. Great sitting together and sharing supplies!! This was taken during the very last thing, called SNL Saturday Night Layout. Okay, it was overkill already for me...I had already zoned out and was exhausted several hours ago, but to try to be creative? Forget it. In the middle of everyone kind of not knowing what to do (they had different sponsors showing you how to put the LO together with the materials they gave you), she's over there just slapping a beautiful page together of one of her girls!! I was floored!! Always some bad photos...but Amber and her husband are great photographers! I'd love to go up there for a photo shoot. That would really be great once we get Emma.
Amber and me. Amber's a Fashionista for SIS. She is so talented. Very creative and inspiring. Really like her style of scrapbooking. Of course, all of her photos look great for her pages ;)
Me with Fashionistas, Becca and Martha! Figures I'd wait to the very end of the event to take photos when I have puffy, dark circles under my eyes. Even if they weren't Fashionistas (Design Team) for SIS, they are just so creative. So inspiring.
Fashionista, Kayla Aimee. She is the sweetest thing ever. Always smiling, hugging, and telling you Hi.
And here's Fashionista, Wilna! It was wonderful to meet her in person. Her project for our class was precious.
I have more pictures on http://flickr.com/photos/11633383@N02/sets/72157604693154194/.
I'll have more photos of the projects. Just need to finish some of them up. I had to go to Target yesterday...Dennis came with me...I, ahem, got another scooter...and bought some more things to help organize. I just had so much stuff I came home with that I couldn't squeeze into my little area, and I was so anxious to finish up some stuff. And I'm staying off my foot as much as possible. That's the "story of my life."
Some of the other classes we had were with:
Angelia Wigginton - I had been so stressed during the hurriedness of the classes. For Angelia's class, I felt so relaxed and calm. I really enjoyed her class.
Vanessa Hudson - We used a photo album and incorporated scrapbooking into it. This is a great idea for my MIL as a gift. I had already started her on a photo album of pics of us showing everyday stuff, so that's a Mother's Day idea for her.
Jenni Bowlin - Another class where I felt so relaxed and really enjoyed it. I'm so glad to see how she uses her products. They have that vintage look. Everything went together so great and so simple, but they look like it took a lot of work. I wasn't going to spend anymore $$ but after the class, I did zoom up to get some of her things that are usually sold out online.
Monique's class - I was not expecting to hear so much about her life during the event. Was disappointed that so much time was spent on her story and then we were rushed with the project at the end.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the class! Enjoyed your photos of the event,
    Angelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many great photos!!! you were way better than me! i think i was in shock for the most part with the large-ness of the event as well. i am thankful, blessed, joyful that i met you, and we DID have such a great table of ladies!!!
    i will be visiting you regularly here and over at SiS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!