Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hey, I know I've Gained Weight, No Need to Tell Me!

So here I am again making another post about, YES, I've gained weight! People get a grip, I have! This time it wasn't the look...oh, I love the look...have seen that look all my life, know the look very well. No, this time it was in my face letting me know that I've gained weight. Does ANYONE EVER need anyone to tell them they've gained weight?

We used to have sushi every Friday night or at least once a weekend. We went to the same place all the time. I got really burned out on sushi, so we haven't been in awhile. Funny, because it actually happened right after Mom died. And that's when my entire life actually changed really. So we had gotten to know the waitresses and sushi chefs pretty well. One waitress knew exactly what to order for Dennis as soon as she saw him.

That one little waitress. She's one of two people who when we told we were adopting, said that's not the same as having your own and you need to have your own. So that was one strike against her. Then tonight...I learned I've gained weight and that I'm eating all the wrong foods. Yes, do tell more. I need to eat Vietnamese food and Japanese food and I'll lose weight. I go for sushi, and I walk away so full of wisdom!

Wow, she's walked a mile in my shoes and knows exactly the right thing for me. Maybe she'll make CDs and sell them so I'll be full of her wisdom all the time!

There was only one reason for what she did. She thinks she was telling me something I didn't already know...that I've gained weight. I love saying that...YES, I've gained weight! Then she went on to tell me what to eat! She asked me first to promise not to get mad at her. But then didn't really care about the answer and said she doesn't care if I get mad or not. So the one reason for all of this...she only cares about herself. She thinks she's helping me, but she's attacking me, she's belittling me, she's being flat out rude. Most rude people don't care about you, it's all about them! The people that never consider anyone else's feelings or more importantly their intelligence, their opinions, their decisions, their life, their challenges. The key word, is RESPECT! Respect that other people actually do have intelligence and can make up their own minds and make rational decisions and can have opinions that will not be yours. And RESPECT that YOU do NOT know what THAT PERSON has gone through.

This time I'm not going into why...I have gained weight! Until people can look past appearances and look at another human being as they would want to be looked at, screw them!

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. URGH!! I dislike that little waitress and would love to give her a piece of my mind, right after I smear a piece of chocolate cake on her face! I'm sorry to hear that you were put in a situation to play nice with such a rude person!

    I so understand what you are going through... lotsa hugz~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) Who cares if you've gained weight - who hasn't;
    B) Adoption is fabulous and Motherhood is Motherhood regardless of who dealt with the epidural or not!
    C)Hang in there :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, man i am so sorry...that is plan rude and yuck-0! (hugs)
    motherhood is great and it is who you are and how you do it that will make you a great mother...not if the child passed through your loins or not!!!
    rude/mean ppl suck!!!
    i think you are a fabulous person and can't wait to see you again!
    you are beautiful!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracks me up! I cannot believe the gall of some people! Wow. I have no idea how I would have responded. I had a client as me if I was expecting. Excuse me? What did you just say? Hello! Doesn't she know that is not something you ask a women unless you are positive the are giving birth! I guess these ladies didn't get the memo on "tact"!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!