Friday, July 25, 2008

Night Owl

Once I got adjusted to not working after 20 years...my night owl habits came back.  Although, I always knew I wasn't a morning person, I was just one of those never late to work kind of people, and if I was, I freaked.  Some nights are worse than others.  When I start making stuff, I like to stay up late to do it.  So last night it was 2 a.m. before I realized Dennis was still up too watching TV.  He's under the weather and can't sleep or get comfortable.  He ended up going to bed since he had a service call today, then I ended up watching the movie "The Gift."  I was a little freaked by Greg Kinnear being the bad guy, although I love him and Cate Blanchett.  So it wasn't until 4 a.m. when I went to bed.  The other morning, Daisy woke me up at about 4:30 a.m. wanting in to eat/drink, then to run back out, the crazy little thing.  And I was thinking then how I used to get up between 4:30 and 5 a.m. to workout before I had to get ready for work.   The habit of working out lasted a year, but really was insane. 

So had fun playing in my little corner listening to the Momma Mia album I bought from iTunes. 

Oh my...I finally used some fun Sassafrass...these sticker letters were so much cuter once on a layout...so simple and gives a good effect.  Wanted to remember the visit with Allison, even though a bad picture, just makes me smile knowing I got to see her.  She'll be 20 tomorrow!!!
All those cute cat pics I've gotten, hard to pick, but decided on the one here with Archie yawning, and decided too to use some of my Bam Pop papers for the silly, fun feel of this.

This is a layout that we were taken step-by-step through at Scrap, Etc. event in April using all Hambly products.  I finally picked some pics from the event to put on here.  But love that they did this because it showed a really cool and unique way of using their beautiful papers and overlays that most people are scared to cut up.
This was Heidi Swapps layout she stepped us through from the Scrap, Etc. event using her World Traveler papers.  I bought the whole kit of this to play with, but kind of saving for when Emma comes along.  Finally picked a picture for this one too.
The wall is looking colorful as i swap out the layouts I want to look at.
And speaking of color...I was thinking today of all of the craft making I've gotten into.  Crocheting, painting, and cross-stitching...serious cross-stitching.  I got into using linen instead of the normal aida fabric, and very intricate patterns.  These Lavender and Lace patterns were my favorites because they had such a real look of detail, but that detail took a really long time to do.  My eyes and my hands can't handle this sort of work anymore, but love having these on our walls...


This sampler wasn't by Lavender and Lace, can't remember the name.  But doing samplers was one of my favorite things to make.
Can't wait for the season finale of Doctor Who tonight, then there's The Closer, Monk and Psyche to look forward too.  And have something else I'm working on that I have been wanting to do, don't know exactly how I want it to come out.  But doing it with Emma in mind.  And have got a new product I can now start working on for our Pillows 4 Me.  It will go along with the pillows.  We really need to take a bunch of pictures of some other things Dennis had worked on.  I'm glad he's creative too.  We've had a lot of fun with the pillows and seeing what people order.  We just get excited for them.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!