Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Combo with a Slight Shifting to the Right

Dennis and I are so different, and when I'm not around and he's cleaning up around the house (which is more his thing) and sees a BC powder wrapper, or an empty Coke Zero can (my drink of choice, bottled water, is with me all the time), or whatever notepad I was writing on, book I was reading, bowl I was eating some Goldfish out of, at least he can laugh now and he's told me, "I know you were there.  You live like a guy, but I know you were there."  We've come a long way in our marriage, for him to be so lighthearted about my mess.  Didn't used to be like that.  He's a neat freak, and I take after my Dad, both in creating and making a mess at the same time.  But Dennis actually says he doesn't mind my creative mess over the ordinary day-to-day mess...and a creative mess I've been making...
I've been in mad scientist mode working on something.  I've taken those left/right brain tests before, and I was combo, but I think I'm leaning more to the right and all that junk is starting to flow out of my head that's been trapped for so long.  Can't look back, no, but I still wonder what my life would have looked like if instead of going to work at 19 for a huge Corporate employer and staying there for 20 years, if I wouldn't be so messed up about who I am...well, I know that's the case for sure.  One other obstacle would have been to create my separate identity from the family.  I feel like I have lost time to catch up and be the real me...but no, really can't look back, it only helps to understand why and be at peace about it.  I've swallowed the blue pill and am leading a different life now...Patricia is evolving...
My August Layout and calendar...Jo-Anne, one of the Fashionista's at Scrap in Style selected this for the Catwalk last week.  So sweet of her and so honored she picked me.  Love her...she's so inspirational...
I actually did buy some new storage things, and even though it doesn't look like it anymore, I got up enough energy (with all the nausea, tiredness, and just feeling sick from Byetta) to adjust how things are in my little corner.  It just can't stay neat while I'm working...
...And this is what I'm working on...sneak peek.  Wanted to make a book of the Def Leppard concert.  I'm using lots of paint, ink, glimmer mist, and so it is taking awhile.  I get these brainstorming ideas that require time to dry...and then I had taken Lucy's, another Fashionista, online class and have been using water like crazy with my paper...love the effects of it.  She is great.
I wanted to use my new Zutter for this, but I had this acrylic book tab type thingy and it's too thick for the Zutter to cut...
Couldn't throw away the pipe cleaners I had misted with glimmer mist, so used the leftovers for little trailies going down the pitcher.
So excited to see this!!!  My brother is getting remarried.  He's still in Connecticut, and his fiance did a combo of using the foliage that's so gorgeous up there and the fleur de lis...she loves to create as well, along with her whole family, which I think is really cool.  So her Mom and Sister probably helped her out with these...that came out so beautiful...

...And a little more Def Leppard...I'm so glad I was able to pick up a T-shirt while at the concert...I love rock T-shirts now even more than I did then...I really thought this one was beautiful, and it's that thin cotton that fits snug, so it doesn't hang like a big shirt.  So much meaning behind the skull that I love now, used to be afraid of it, and the wings with the celtic pattern behind it...just love it...
...And busy with the business.  Need to update the blog now that I started for it.  We have added the aromatherapy packs.  Will be a busy week.  We have a seminar to go to this weekend for embroidery...can't wait to get started adding that to the business...

I have so many people to ask what do you do all day.  I have to say I've never been bored since the day I quit.  The only downer was when I injured my foot and was laid up for so long.  So long that I re-read and re-read all the Harry Potter books and/or watched old reruns of Charmed, which I still love to watch.  Dennis even laughs and says, I'm the type of person that always has something going on and can always find something to do.  Downtimes I need and may need more of them if I've been on my foot way too long, but something is always in the works...I just do it at my own pace while enjoy the ride of life... 

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. you go Neo!

    got more of those bleu pills?!

    props on the catwalk nod! you rock!

    I love your mess, tell Dennis I said so, hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh! I got my stuff today!!!

    whohoo!!! I love all the little extra bits, especially the fibers and the mini wood squares!

    how cool you are!!! thank you, thank you!!!

    I was wondering??? do you like Elsie Flannigan's art?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!