Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Emma Update

Can't believe I even have anything to write concerning the wait for our referral.  But just saw this on one of the Yahoo groups I'm a member of with families with Log In Dates (LIDs) in Feb or Mar of 2006...and...went to my agency's site and confirmed it for myself...

CHINA HAS ISSUED REFERRALS TO THE FAMILIES WHOSE DOSSIERS WERE LOGGED IN FROM JANUARY 26TH THROUGH JANUARY 31ST, 2006

This means they are now going into February 2006 Dossiers/Families...which means this is only a month and a half before our LID date of March 14, 2006.  So close but still so far...

It looks like it took China about 4 months to go through January 2006 Dossiers/Families.  The rumor site has increased our guesstimated referral date to April 2009, which would mean it would take 8 months for them to go through the month and half of paperwork between us and our referral.

I must be sick, because I find this so funny.  Dennis and I both said...you watch...when we get our referral, it'll go back to the short 6-9 month wait for all families as opposed to the 3+yr wait for all of the families right now...but if you start a China adoption right now...be prepared to wait 4-6 years or just wait till we get our referral when it goes back to a short wait ;)  that's just the way the pendulum swings, either a short wait, kind of long, or really long wait from what our Social Worker has told us from her experience with International Adoptions.

I'll give another update when China has completed all referrals for February 2006 Dossiers/Families, then the last one will be the referral...

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!