Sunday, August 10, 2008

Go and Create

Stayed up late again last night and made a few things.  Got a little carried away with the buttons, but it gave the grandma's kitchen kind of feel I was going for, even though I've never been in my grandmother's kitchen.  It's that understood, you just know what that feeling is like, or do we make it up?  I don't know, this is someone else's grandma's kitchen feeling or made up feeling of it...Either way, just had fun giving this that old time feeling and using some oldies but goodie things...
I did have to add some things to this layout.  Used some puffy paint along the edges, stitched around the bird, and added some Sassafras flowers/buttons...

Got messy today.  Always feels good to do this.  Loving those handprints Ashley Wren got me hooked on...
My favorite part of doing my calendar isn't the layouts, it's the bottom part where I, for some reason, I feel like I can go crazy.  I did both of my hands in the blue color, but didn't come out too great, so after all the other layers of paint, I did it again, but just the one hand in red...

...and it goes along with my layout for August...This Hand...
I've seen it done before, but never did it...I outlined my hand in the photo...really gives a cool effect.  Lots to say about that hand, and then I always think of something else I could have said...
Working on another layout, and everything I used for it had paint, so while that is drying, started on this...this is one of my favorite collections from SIStv...Ashley Wren's design.  So much better in person and so easy to work with.  I love black...just makes everything pop...which makes me laugh...my Mom asked me one day, of course, when she was still alive, because we have experienced some weird things, still have one other freaky ghost story to share that everyone in the family experienced personally....okay, she says to me one day when I was there on my lunch break from work.."can I ask you something"  She gives me a look, and immediately I feel defensive...nothing good came out of her mouth when she asked that before her question..."why are you wearing so much black...are you going Harry Potter on me?"  Okay, she really meant that.  And I know where she's coming from and have been there and no longer there, thank God, I'm no longer so narrow minded anymore.  So just because black for work was so easy to throw on when you are in a hurry, makes you look slimmer, just goes good with everything, no thinking involved, she's gonna think I'm going all satanic or something, so I still can't help but think about that day, whenever I use or wear black ;)


Married in our 20 something's and now in our 40 something's.  So much better now.  Yeah, older and starting to feel the signs of the aging, but mentally, emotionally, financially, grounded, centered, know who you are, whatever...it is just so much better.  40's are definitely the best so far...
Go and create, go and make memories, go USA!!!!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love them I love them all!!! Oh my I love them and I want to go make something, alas time is against me lol But WOW soooooo yum diddly yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!