Friday, August 08, 2008

A Little Vintage, A Little Rock and Roll, A Little In Awe

Finally got this pic of what I had been up to with making something for a wall in our living room.  Bought the Sassafrass paper awhile ago with that intention.  Got a pack of thin inexpensive canvases at Hobby Lobby and mod podged just the backs of the paper to the canvas, then distressed and added just a little to each...just love that paper and it's pretty enough for art on the walls.  So this is the complete look with the shadow boxes...not an easy thing to hang...
Totally forgot about these other pictures from visiting Hard Rock Cafe after the Def Leppard/Joan Jett concert.  We reminisced some of our favorites...

It came out blurry, but it's Tom Petersson's coat from Cheap Trick...that would be one of my favorite bands...
Gotta love MTV, especially the old school MTV for making all of these bands known that otherwise would not have been.  Some Adam Ant here...brings back some good memories...my sister and I had a lot of fun.
This was a good picture to use that warping technique...groovy...
More Cheap Trick love...
Who did I love?  Cheap Trick and Kiss!!!  They were plastered all over my walls.  Had a 4 ft poster of Kiss...don't know what happened to all of them sad to say.  Never got to see them in concert which is the best part about Kiss...only on cable, like when cable first came out (Jaws was the movie of the month...that's how long ago that was!) and we had no video recorder, all I had was the old tape player to record the music...
Ah, the Dooby Brothers...this is Lisa's favorite from back in the day.  But we both kind of liked each other's bands, and really we loved music, just like any kid...Hard Rock Cafe is a cool place to really enjoy and reminisce...
Had to stop by the beach before coming back...
Had my little camera and I don't have a zoom for the SLR anyway...but these are pelicans...the ONLY thing I miss from my 60 mile a day commute in to work is seeing these guys...if you click once on the photos to make them big it really does them justice...
I felt kind of like when I stood on the battle ground at Gettysburg, PA and at Ground Zero when I was back here at the Gulf Coast...hadn't been since Katrina...really an awing experience, puts things back into perspective...  
Love the footprints in the sand...
and some of my favorites shots from the concert...




The Gulf Coast...bigger and better than ever...Rock On!!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!