Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Coming Out From the Dark

We were both losing it with no power, no water, no sewer, no a/c.  And this night that we sat in the dark, I decided to snap some shots...not that it's happy memories, but it's memories.  We had gotten out of the house and drove around in the car with a/c to see the neighborhoods all around us with power.  We were so mad and angry and frustrated, just no way to get it out.  But then 2 a.m. on Friday...5 long days...I feel for those who were out longer...

All this....due to a bad thunderstorm...


Used the flashlight to at least do some scrapping...just something...
The cats were not bothered with it...although I do think Archie was a little uncomfortable...
Dennis with a smile on his face, but not happy on the inside, that's for sure.  Thanks Dale and Amy again for this light you gave him for Christmas...really came in handy being in the dark for 5 days.  Had to get onto him to drink some water.  The first or second day, he was lightheaded, dizzy, and blurry vision...thankfully we had the gas stove to get him some food and made him drink water.  He was fine after that...just had to keep on him.
Let's see, what do I want to remember about this?  Hmmm  using bottled water to take a bath...it was cold, but at least it cooled you off.  Didn't fill up the tub, we're talking bottled water, okay?  No, we just used the orange bucket and the silver bowl.  One was for soaping up, the other, clean water to pour on you...
When my sister told me Walmart was open one day, we headed there for some underwear.  We could have washed, but bottled water remember, not exactly a cheap way to wash clothes...we were getting a little discouraged and worried about where to start washing clothes...
I didn't notice this until I uploaded the photo...the bottle to the right of the sink says "waterless"  HAAAA!  How appropriate...sink is on full blast, and only a drop or two...really losing it at this point...
...hmmm...well, that's one way to get your refrigerator clean...
Did some journaling in my art journaling...

Gotta love that chrome duct tape...
Used some fun Bam Pop paper for these pages...it was perfect!!!




This was pre-Gustav.  The album I was working on for the photos from the Def Leppard and Joan Jett concert...finally...they are here...
Used lots and lots of stuff, and lots of non-scrapbooking things, which are usually my favorite things to use...





































...and the first two inside pages are pre-Gustav, the bulk of the book I did the first day during the storm...that was the coolest day by far.  Did this for my future sister-in-law's wedding shower.  Used lots of inks, glimmer mist, non-scrapbooking things...can't believe I gave it away.  Used my new Zutter to make the book, lots of layers to it.  I know she would like to scrapbook once she is married.  She loves paper crafting...so I know she'll appreciate the work that went into it...
























All of this scrapbooking/paper crafting/art journaling was good therapy for the anxiousness from the storm.  did some birthday cards as well...no pictures for those though...


...ahhh...so nice to have power and to start learning and playing with the embroidery we're going to have soon on all of our pillows.  So exciting!!!!!!!  I've really found my niche in our business...
Yes, that says something other than MacBook Pro.  I still have my Mac, but want to keep it that way and did not want to add Windows or Vista to it for the software we needed for our business.  I feel kind of special...the software is so expensive that it requires a security key...  After one year, we are really jumping in with both feet and going for Pillows 4 Me.  We sold 36 letters in August and already two so far for September, each month has increased from the other.  Lots and lots more ideas to add as well.  Just have to get the Corporate mentality out of my mind...because everything we do, "we" do it.  No one else does it for us.  So all of the ideas take time to come to life.  Nothing like something homemade though... And we will not rush to put something up just to say we got something up on the site...I love unique finds and want people to be very happy with how they spend their money on our products... 
Back to enjoying my life with lights, water, a/c, and sewer...

...and one more important post...Dear God, if you could, please tell my Dad I love him and wish him happy birthday from his baby girl...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!