Saturday, November 22, 2008

Keeping Up

The month is almost over and we're headed full speed into the holidays...ahhh!!  One of the many of the latest orders...this was adorable...the order came from England...love the way everything is coming out.  
Had this idea for a Layout when we were traveling to my brother's wedding.  Thinking about Mom, her death, and my growth, and felt like a bird filled with pictures of me and one of Mom went with the feeling of Set Free...so this is my November layout and calender...

This would have been one to digitize...but don't have the shape on the computer...so did all by hand...took some time, and some of the pictures got a little glue on them...but the originals are all stored on the computer and backed up so I don't worry about all of that...
Trying to get to know some people locally that scrapbook, and took a couple of card classes at my local scrapbooking store.  They do a lot of things that have a New Orleans theme.  Card making is my least favorite thing to do, but I loved the stamp with the pelican.  They are so beautiful to see out by the lakefront.  Decided to do kind of like an Artist Trading Card (ATC) type thing, but on a tag and add to Christmas cards I give out to just a few...can't do enough for all...
decided the easiest for Christmas cards is digital.  Love the photo cards especially for Christmas, so busy printing up some of these.  Followed the instructions from Two Peas in a Bucket with the download...very easy...
I finally got this little gizmo...not a cheap gizmo, although not very high quality, but it does the trick...will have to post more when I've worked with it to see how I like it...so far it's great!
Archie has always loved Redi Whip, vanilla ice cream, and cream cheese...but now Daisy does as well...how crazy...I now keep Redi Whip available for a treat for them...they come running when they hear it!

Last weekend we experimented with taking photos of ourselves for the Christmas cards, and went to eat at a local seafood restaurant.  Haven't been since Katrina...they made lots of changes...looks great, and the food was delicious.  Good ole shrimp po-boy for me and Dennis had to get the hamburger to rate it...
It's right there at the top!

Just a few of the photos we got of ourselves that didn't make the Christmas card cut...but definitely caught our silliness.

I actually thought last Thursday was Thanksgiving and had gotten all of the food already...so I'm prepared for the real Thanksgiving, this Thursday!  I'm just a little dingy sometimes ;)  But all good fun...it'll be just the two of us again unless my sister drops by after work.

Back to filling some orders and getting those ATCs and Christmas cards done...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!