Thursday, December 04, 2008

Enjoying the Holidays

Probably our last Thanksgiving with just the two of us, and the cats of course...but took a quick shot overview of the living room as it is now, as I'm sure when Emma comes, it will have more toys and be a bit more child proof when the time comes ;)
Ah, Dennis hard at work in the kitchen!  He loves magic cookies and he makes them...so he is so excited to be making them...you'd think he won the lottery he's so excited!



Thanksgiving morning, I decided we would do gingerbread waffles...and I goofed and bought self-rising flour...good thing the stores were open or I think Dennis would have disowned me...


I love real maple syrup, but Dennis likes the sugar-free stuff...yuk...but it's what he likes...
It's a Rachael Ray recipe...
More orders...this is a repeat customer.  This time they bought the college fabric and sent it to us to make these...came out great.  Also did square for them...
And doing some scrapping...hadn't done the Elsie challenges in awhile, so picked that up using some ideas from some magazines.  This one is a scraplift from Celine Navarro...

This is me and my sister as wee little ones all excited about Christmas...
...and my December calendar and layout...
Daisy kind of got in the way ;)  
Finally used this vinyl album as the base...had it for awhile and didn't know what I wanted to do with it.  Inspiration from some magazines...and it helped me put this together with some photos from throughout the year...

Not a whole lot of excitment in 2008...kind of a tough year with Daisy...but it's life...

The holidays will never be the same as they were when my parents were alive.  Not being sad or over dramatic, just reality...that's the way it is.  And it should be...they are loved ones no longer here, just like when we get Emma, the holidays will be different once she is here....everyone matters and brings something to relationships...

Enjoying the holidays, making gifts this year and thinking about how we want to make traditions of our own once we get Emma and make doing things and spending time together important parts of our relationship.

And hoping Bama will win against the Gators!  Roll Tide...I don't like football, but that's Dennis's team, and I get excited for him!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!