Monday, December 22, 2008

Making Christmas Merry and Bright

Dennis' sister sent him his birthday present for the win for Alabama beating Auburn.  They started it last year.  If their team wins, the other sends an Outback gift card.  Made his day, let me tell ya!  Outback is his FAV!!!!


If you like these next couple of projects, go here to get the kit:



Used my Christmas money to buy some wonderful kits over at SIStv With the kits and the 30 Days to a Handmade Christmas they offered, I think I've had the best Christmas ever. Seeing lots of paper trees, so lots of inspiration, but the wired star was inspired by a Christmas candle holder I have...love the whimsical look. Used the stamps from SIStv's Click here to visit SIStvBoutique.com

">The Girl Next Door kit to make the little banner that is going around the tree...all of the paper and ribbon are from the kit. I just supplied the wire, styrofoam, and dowel...love these colors!




This was the first thing I made from SIStv's Click here to visit SIStvBoutique.com

">The Girl Next Door kit.  I had snatched the coasters from Chili's restaurant because I loved the shape of them.  So those plus the kit went perfectly for the banner.  That red polka dot Making Memories paper is flocked...gorgeous kit!
The only things I had to supply were the chipboard birds, the blue ribbon, music paper, buttons, jingle bells, red/white striped ribbon, and the jump rings.



Sparked by a project from Wilna from the 30 days to a handmade Christmas, I made this Grande Starbucks cup into a card to hold a gift card for Dennis...since he is now officially a Starbucks fan! ;)  Used my new Slice from Making memories I got when SIStv had it 15% off to make some of the dies!  Love it!


More inspiration from the 30 days to a handmade Christmas...Starbucks cup ornaments.  Lots of glitter going around.  Glittered the cup and the lid!  These look wonderful on the tree!!


And the last of Christmas gifts...the sugar cookies.  Have been making these for the past several years now.  But last year I couldn't do them because of my foot.  Couldn't do much of anything really...so I cannot express how happy and thankful I was to be able to do these for the family!  Used another one of Wilna's ideas from the 30 days to a handmade Christmas to make these cute cookie boxes!

These take so much work when you're doing a lot and decorating them...but man, they are good!!!
So we (my family) did Christmas this past Saturday.  Met at my nieces apartment and had a great time!  Great food, great company, and very casual, which is perfect for us!  I like laid back, no fuss, easy going hang outs.  Fancy schmancy is not for us.  It worked perfectly with so many crazy working schedules and illnesses for us to meet Saturday.  Just tell me when, where, and what to bring is what I said.  So we (Dennis and I) have some movies coming our way from Netflix, bought some groceries to make some good food, bought some material to play around with some patterns we both have to experiment with, with sewing...so we will just chill and enjoy the rest of the week and Christmas day!

And I think I may actually do New Year's cards this year...it'll be a first ever to send out one, but when the bug hits, it's research and development...and hopefully something comes of it!  ;)

Merry Christmas, God Bless, and Happy Birthday, Jesus!!!!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE what you did w/this collection! And your Sbux tree!! How fun!!

    Have a Merry Christmas Patricia!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!