Sunday, January 25, 2009

Just Living in the Present

Have been really digging into the assignments and myself with the Love Yourself in 2009 class with Ashley over at SIStv.  Got my binder together...
...using the quotes she gave us and decorated the binder...
...have the current days log on top...
...and then put them to the back with the others...move an icon to a goal I've completed, and the bottom is to do whatever I feel...
Two of the assignments were to use the icon cards that represent not so good for me and good for me as far as food habits...I combined the two...the idea hit me like right when I went to bed, and had to sketch it out before I forgot...it really feels good to get this kind of deep stuff out...but making it fun too...
...assignment to create a vision board...I want to keep adding...so just a start to some things or people who inspire me.  You know, the media got on to Jennifer Love-Hewitt for her weight!  LOL!!!!  I'd love to have her badonkadonk!!!  But even better than her appearance, I totally loved the way she handled the media, and it made me love her even more...cuz I HATE the media...screw them!  And I don't want to look like the blonde there either...it's just the shirt I like...although I like the way she frames the board ;)
...assignment...to do a layout of an accomplishment...no matter how small or big...and it's been really difficult, with being out of shape, laid up with the foot, and having foot pain and having to back off of doing anything again...so anyway, I want to 'try' keeping my foot pain in check, to be consistent with yoga...and did it for two weeks, 4 classes...my foot isn't too great right now, but I have to kind of push it a little, not too much though...icing it and staying off of it now ;)  sucks...    anyway, the journaling reads...

Namaste
Bring your Mat to your world
practice
be gentle
breathe
do not resist
acceptance
...assignment...to take a photo, use it as an 8x10 and put your beliefs or mantras all over it...this was soooo freaking good to do!!!!!!!!!  Get it out there!
...assignment...my contract with myself...although, I'm calling it 'my code.'  Something else I've wanted to get out and get in writing...
Going in line with the class...I created this Layout for my January calendar using that awesome quote that just speaks to me so much from Eckhart Tolle...
...okay, enough of class stuff...when we went to get the picture of me at yoga...all of a sudden I hear this VERY LOUD THUD!!!  Dennis had tripped and fallen over his own feet!!!!  Got pics of him on the floor after...what a nut!
He's fine...he's really training hard right now for the half marathon.  He's really meeting a lot of other runners from the yoga class...I'm so glad he came with me that one day to see it wasn't wimpy or girly...it's pretty intense...although, not this intense...*sigh*
Not class stuff, but scrap stuff...one of my last things I used my $$ for from Christmas...I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!  I think it is the best, well-thought out scrapbook type book I've ever gotten.  It's by Claudine Hellmuth, she is a fashionista at SIStv and is known for her collages...very creative girl...and I'm loving her paints!!!  This book is so stinkin fun!  This will be fun with kids too.  
It's more of a kit, with cards...you draw two cards from each stack, and you have to scrap what the cards say...very cool!!!  And the little book is packed with lots of people I know...it was so exciting to see them in this awesome book!!!
This was so gorgeous I had to post...well, and I love cats!  My cat friend, Kyoko from Japan sent me one of her beautiful New Year's cards with her gorgeous, I mean, drop dead gorgeous Pirako along with the cute stuffed paper cat and the accordian cat card!!!  Just love it!!!
"For the Record...We Had Snow!!!"  We really did...still can't believe.  Had to document this record by making an album out of a vinyl album and the pages are cut from the album cover.  I didn't use my own album and cover, it was from the Homebody Collection at SIStv.  That particular kit doesn't look available anymore, but I've got the others...and they are wonderful!  Will be digging into them soon!
for the album cover pages...I gessoed them and then mixed two paints of Claudine Hellmuth and Heidi Swapp polka dot mask to make the pages.  Took me awhile, as it usually does, to get the idea going, but once I like how something's looking, I'm on a roll...I'm just not a fast scrapper.
Besides pictures I took, used the news online to print out and include in the album...




These pictures are from some very talented people off of Flickr...


...Not really a card maker, but have really wanted to do a lot so far...and wanted to do Chinese New Year cards, but really didn't want to have to buy ANYTHING to make them.  So using my Slice, and papers and glimmer mist I already had, I made these for the family...
My MIL, and aunts and uncles on both sides don't have computers...so gave them an update of our adoption...
This is a really special LO...


...the journaling actually got me a little emotional on this one...and I'm not the mushy type when it comes to babies...  But thinking about how happy and content we have been, and this huge change to come for us to share that with another...it's a very scary and exciting time for us...especially me...
added lots of stuff to this LO...the flower I learned to make from taking Andrea Wiebe's class at SIStv...
Doing a rainbow swap on the SIStv boards.  I picked three colors from ROY G. BIV 

RED
YELLOW
BLUE


Going to enjoy the rest of Sunday and finally cook that dish that I couldn't do because of my foot and getting a little too on a roll with making stuff...
Dennis is doing a two hour run, and may get Starbucks after...

Tomorrow is the beginning of the Chinese New Year!  We're going to celebrate by going to our favorite Chinese restaurant!  

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!