Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Making 'It' Your Own

I will always love Starbucks, and will always go to Starbucks or any coffee place really...I just love coffee and tea.  I have tried to do my own latte at home...it was okay...but had recently picked up a copy of the Food Network magazine, and saw a much better way to do this, and it worked.  So make your own coffee latte or here I made my own London Fog (Earl Grey latte) that you get at Starbucks.  (1)  Fill a mug halfway with milk and heat on high in the microwave until hot, 45 to 60 seconds (I do longer).  (2)  place a whisk inside the mug and, with the handle between your palms, spin the whisk back and forth to froth the milk.  (3)  Add home-brewed coffee (in the picture in the mag, they use what I use to brew the coffee, a coffee press, which I think is going to be a better coffee taste...but I think an automatic would be just fine)  or espresso to the frothed milk - and relish the fact that you're saving $3.61 a day!  That's it straight from the magazine...and OMG...I've finally gotten that same latte experience at home!  For tea, just steep your tea as you normally do in another cup and then pour over the frothed milk like I did here!!!!
More making it your own...decided to take pictures along the way as I did this.  I bought the little clock at Walmart for $3...yes $3 dollars, I did a double take and put that thing in the cart.  I have loved decorating the clocks since taking the Heidi Swapp class...but now I'm making it my own, using some fun Sassafras and an inspiring quote that goes along with my Loving Myself in 2009 class.  I also spelled out L O V E M Y S E L F 0 9 on each number around the clock.  Those little tiny alphas are the Making Memories kind...love those things and can never have enough...
So any clock has a way to get in there...this one is super easy...the top pops off.  But check the back of one you have and see if there are screws...sometimes you just have to go through the back...just be a little more careful...
You can see a little piece of white coming out of the black here on the back of the clock, it's a little tab...you push that in, and pull the top cover off, and it pops off...
So now I have my bare face clock to decorate.  Now I've taken the hands off before, but you do it carefully...pull them straight up, but don't force.  These didn't give, and I finally decided it was best to leave them as is and work around them...just change the time on the back to move them out of your way...
Start decorating.  I wanted to work from the center out...just like you would do with a scrapbook page really.  The main difference is having to work around the center stem and hands.  

So to get the cloud around the stem, I punched a hole about where I wanted it, used my craft knife to make a slit all the way down...then worked it over the stem...Andrea Wiebe has heard about this glue from Wilna and I picked it up from Michael's and have been using it ever since.  It's not great as far as photos or some patterned papers...because you can see the streaks from underneath...but I still use it on just about anything but just use a little to cover the back so I don't see it...I still love Tombow for other things though...but this stuff here works great at being able to move fast to get paper to stick and dry quickly...so you can move on... 
So now just go to town and do like you do when you make a layout.  I used a quote that really spoke to me.  "Whatever you do will be insignificant but it is very important that you do it."  Gandhi  -   It made me think about exercising in particular...especially with having to take it easy while my foot still heals...that workout that I do today will not be any big deal, I may even not workout as hard as I did yesterday, but it is a big deal to do it, because all those little insignificant workouts will build and before I know it, my foot will be so much better that I won't have to wear a brace anymore, I'll shed some of this extra weight I've packed on, I'll think better and be clearer minded, I'll have more energy, I'll Love Myself in 2009 for real! 

Okay, so back to the clock.  Don't be afraid, especially with a $3 clock to just do whatever you want...
Pop the front cover back on
You can see the little tab here too that the cover fits into...

...and you've made your clock your own...there's not another one like it...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!