Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mom died just 4 days after Valentine's and since then it's a reminder, a trigger, just like the anniversary of her death.  But since I've worked through a lot of the grief, it's all good.  I really love hearts and was so drawn to Wilna's He{art} class.  I cannot believe we only paid $24 for 10 projects that just got better and better.  I couldn't keep up, but have so many more things to do and so much inspiration.  I can just image the mess Emma and I will make come next Valentine's...

One of the projects was a mobile.  This one's going in my scrap corner.  I love the vintage look of the Graphics 45 paper...



Tuesday, was the last day of the Chinese New Year and Dennis and I decided to eat at P.F. Changs.  I don't know what got into me, but decided to go up to my old office and see people.  I really do not miss the place or the work, but I do miss some of the people.  It was really good and really healing to go up there.  I'm glad I did it.  But I could see how unhappy my sister is and how bad the place still is.  So I made one of the projects for her to lift her spirits even if just for a little bit...met her for lunch today...and, of course, she cried...but then she was happy...



It's a Starbucks red cup that I altered and used Photoshop Elements to do the photos and the journaling...made one for Dennis as well...I put a Starbucks gift card in both of them...
One of the projects was, well, of course Valentine's.  I used her template, and her drawings of hearts.  Some I used as she colored them, but then I watercolored the others using chalk.  These were very quick and easy...
My friend, Allison, came in town last weekend for a seminar and stayed with us Saturday night.  It was so good to see her...she had her collection of CSI Las Vegas...Oh My!!!  I could sit and watch those for hours.  We watched a few and played dominoes.

My friend, Melissa, sent this Hello Kitty clock radio and figures to us.  Her daughter doesn't need them anymore and she gave them to us!  Gave them to us!  We couldn't believe.  The radio looks brand new.  And that little lemon slice lights up!

Working on my February calendar as the month goes by.  Enjoying the most out of everyday and focusing on just Today...and documenting as I go...regardless of how ordinary...
Caught myself getting a little overwhelmed a couple of weeks ago, and this quote from a fortune I had gotten a long time ago...popped into my head, so used it on this Layout:  "Avoid scattering your energies."

And a quick, simple layout of goofball Dennis tripping over his feet at the yoga studio...
Took that awesome fortune Dennis got on the Chinese New Year saying "Traveling to the East will bring you great rewards" and scrapped it...saying "A Little Roebuck...is coming soon..."

And used my Claudine Hellmuth Creativity Kit using the colors blue green and celery green with the word change...and the thought of us celebrating the Chinese New Year was something we have never done...so that's what generated this layout...

Close up pics of a Layout I did for the Scrapping to the Music blog...awesome blog!  And I won!!!  I'm in the "hall of fame"!
The song was by Marc Broussard, a singer who is from Louisiana.  The song was "Home."  Very funky, soulful and made me think of the evacuation during Katrina.  These are pics of us in the garage of a friend's house...we were very thankful to have...
Used duct tape to make an X in the background to represent all the homes marked by the X.  I had never scrapped the evacuation pics or anything related to Katrina...and I cried.  This was so much more emotional to do than what I thought.  Tristan, my niece, lost everything, and is still going through so much physically now; and we had just lost Mom...2005 sucked big time!  Pics to the left are pics I took walking and driving around New Orleans a year later...
Pics of Mom's house and her refrigerator we set out...common sight during that time...and the other pic is of the group of families that we stayed with at our friends' home.  They just have the biggest hearts ever.   So thankful for them.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Have a {heart}filled day!!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!