Friday, March 13, 2009

Tick Tock

No news to report on the referral yet.  This is definitely the worst part...having to pay attention, but having to wait.  Did hear a rumor that one of the many reasons for the slow down in referrals might have been that the orphanages were holding out for more money.  The donation rate just went up from 3K to 5K.  Donation...but you have to pay it when the time comes.  It is supposed to go to the orphanages and the rumor was saying that the 3K was not enough to get the children paper ready for adoption.  So now since we have to pay 5K, it is rumored, they will no longer hold out and start getting children paper ready, which would mean pick up the speed on referrals.  Who knows.

Very anxious and nervous, but very excited.  Did this layout for my March calendar, explaining how we are feeling and that we are nesting.  Used a Heidi Swapp world map mask and sprayed glimmer mist over it...layered over and under the clock using the Song Bird collection from SIStv, marked on the map where we are and where Beijing is since we don't know where Emma is.
Signed up for a couple of swaps.  Had so much fun with these.  The swap theme was flower fairy.  I picked pansy.  It was Mom's favorite flower.  I printed a picture of a pansy, cut it out, used ultra thick embossing enamel to make the flower pop and shine...these are so gorgeous!
This was inspired by the Scrapping to the Music blog.  Cute song they have this month.  Made me think about when we will first meet Emma.  But since we don't have that experience yet, I printed the China forecast for referrals website page to scrap around it.   The journaling and the lyrics from the song I used are "I'm Suddenly Hopeful Whenever You're In Sight."  And Emma and our batch for 3/14/06 are very soon in sight!

This was the other ATC (artist trading cards) swap I was in.  This theme was Hodge Podge...do whatever theme you'd like.  Since I'm a big fan of the re-runs of Charmed...girls kicking butt! Mine are Forever Charmed!
We had to bring my Dell computer in for service...it had 17 viruses!!!!!!!!!  So Dennis hasn't been able to use ooVoo...sorry Dean!  Right now we just need it back for our business.  And I guess I need another virus protection besides Norton...such a conspiracy.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I have just come across your blog through SiStv... I wanted to say a big congratulations on your impending referral, I know you must be having the hardest time concentrating on anything now, I know how much the last month of our wait had me jumping! We were LID in Sept of 05 and waited a little over a year and a half, much more than we thought we would wait.We have friends that are LID 3-29-06 and they like your are still waiting. Crazy to think that 6 months would add years to the wait. Anyway I know I am rambling here. I really just wanted to cnogratulate you and I look forward to seeing your updates! Stacey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!