Thursday, June 11, 2009

God at Work Again!!!

The Adoption Officer emailed me yesterday morning to say that my fingerprints were unclassifiable again, which means that I then need to get police clearance to send to them instead. So started that ball rolling again. But calling the Bureau was kind of confusing. I don't know if procedures for them have changed or if it's the new Hague for International Adoptions that they are seeing now come through. So was feeling pretty sick about the uncertainty of what was needed. Called a few times, but every person was different. One girl said there are no rushes, it would take 10 to 20 days.

So very stressful and long story short, God is at work again. Thanks to God for putting Sonji in our path to to help us out at the Bureau. We hand delivered my forms and check to them. Sonji said to check back on Wednesday and also got our number to let us know when it goes in the mail.

So after leaving the Police building, we stopped for lunch, then Starbucks ;) In all of the emotions, I wish I would have gotten a picture of the Police building...just wasn't thinking of that at the time.
Just since getting this news of my fingerprints, we both have been so down, you could cut the depression with a knife. I've never seen Dennis like that before, but on the way home, it was totally different...

What a relief...
Dennis had popped in an old Christian CD he had listened to on the way home yesterday.
My little interview of Dennis about this song ;)
video

Our box of Born Free bottles, nipples sippies, handles, teether, and pacifiers came in today! Pricey, but we went with them anyway because the bottles convert to sippies, more bang for your buck we thought.

At about 4 p.m. I got a call from Sonji!!!! She said this is not how fast this process would normally work, it's just not done that way, but she did walk my clearance through herself, did the notarized letter, and put it in FedEx!!!!!

We were screaming and shouting, so thankful!!!!! God did it again!!!!!! Just amazing. Something that would have taken about a month, was done in one day!!!!!

So now, it has to be FedExed to our agency (it can't be sent to us), then they will FedEx to us, then we will FedEx to the USCIS to print a new I-797C...whew!!!! My heart has been fluttering bad since yesterday and I feel like I'm going to constantly throw up. It's been a stressful 3 and half years. Now to pray that the Swine Flu stays away!

Thank you to everyone for the prayers!!!!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Patricia I am so happy for you guy's, that is awesome!!!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so happy for you. I have wondered how it was going, and Dennis is right. We have to sometimes turn things over to God. He is there for all of us. We just have to ask for his help. I am still praying for you hoping all will go well. Again So very happy for you! daurenet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!