Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Last Post Here in the USA!

We are just doing the last little details before we head to Beijing. One thing we wanted to do was to make our own travel pillows. Feels just right. Snug around your neck but doesn't choke...just helps your head from bobbing every time you fall asleep. We put a little bit of lavender in them too.

We'll add these to our Pillows 4 Me business site once we get back. We are really happy how they came out.
We used that really soft, chenille type Minky Dimple Dot fabric...I have a feeling I may not have mine on the trip back home ;)
I picked the ladybug. Very big among adoptive families from China. But I do like that the ladybug is a sign of good luck!

Dennis picked the Double Happiness Chinese symbol.
The weight restrictions for the luggage have been worse than what we thought. 44 lbs for inter-country traveling within China. We're each bringing a backpack and a tote/purse. So hopefully we can juggle some things. And once we can deliver the gifts we are packing for officials that will help too. We have decided we will use our Fed Ex account to ship things back. We got so bummed about it and said that's just the way it'll have to be because we're not letting this ruin our experience or trip.

We will try to stay awake until we head out to the airport. We didn't get a lot of sleep last night, too, which will help with the adjusting. We went to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter! I had to see it before we left, and I'm so glad I did. They really did a good job of getting so much information into only about 2 hours. Although I liked the kiss that Harry planted on Ginny in the book better ;)

Next post...China!

Also...we found out today that Monday, the 20th at 3 p.m. we will meet Emma, that would be 2 a.m. Monday Central time. Then the following day, the 21st, is the adoption process which is at 9 a.m., that would be 8 p.m. Monday Central time.

I just don't even know what to think! I'm just in awe!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great journey! I cant wait to see a picture of the family together!
    Love

    Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending all my best thoughts & prayers your way- can't wait to hear an update-i keep checking but nothing yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!