Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby Chattering, taking iPhone Pictures, Who Knows What's Next!

Oh man...about two weeks ago, Emma went four straight days with no nap...just jibbered jabbered in her crib the entire time...got me thinking okay...maybe she is starting to not need naps anymore just "quiet" times, which really aren't all that quiet really.  Then after the four days, it has been on and off again with the chattering during nap.

Happened to get lucky and get her chattering in front of the mirrow with her Dora hat on...it's in the 70's.  And then we got a little of her chattering during nap time...and then yeah...she dozed off on me in the car, and I was like I don't think so...


Chattering and No Nap from Patricia Roebuck on Vimeo.

Yes, if you caught it, she was doing sign language for 'more.'  She's had two of her speech therapy sessions, and had no problems with learning to sign more and open...although she does say more.  And really, by the time it came around for the speech therapy, she really doesn't need it.  She can say over 20 words, is constantly repeating sounds and words, and saying almost a new word a day.  Just the other day while watching Kai-Lan, they were saying the Chinese word for Pull, "La,"  Emma was saying it right along with them.  

She had my iPhone the other day getting out of the car, which she is very good at using now...when I realized she was taking pictures as I was carrying her in from the car...




She loves to take pictures...and yes, I can wear these Dansko's now, and not having to wear the brace as much anymore...still have to be careful...no going around barefoot or wearing bad shoes...






Emma is 21 months old now!  Cannot believe.  And have actually been very sad about the fact that out of the 21 months, we've only been together 8.  That's another post...

Little rugrat is certainly flourishing...

Just want to add that my heart goes out to all of the families in the process of adopting through Russia.  I hope you hear something concrete very soon.  I know all to well that the unknown is what makes the situation even worse while in the process...  Don't know if it will help, but China Adopt Talk a/k/a the Rumor Queen has been posting.  She gets her information from agencies...so maybe this can be another resource...although the best is your agency...

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that video is the cutest thing ever I could not stop laughing she is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVe the pics Emma took... and 8 months out of 21... remember... it will be more, and more, and more...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!