Sunday, June 06, 2010

Oh, To Be a Kid Again...

Just tonight, we watched a little of Ni Hao, Kai-Lan while having dinner, but I was thinking that is one of the very few times we have watched one of Emma's shows.  One reason I think is because she's back to being 24/7...not that she stopped much before.  But very clingy and wanting you to play with her.  So she is keeping us very busy.

Still loves to take pictures with the iPhone.  Hopefully, she'll like her camera we have for her birthday...but these are pictures she took after one of our Target runs...
I think Dada might have at least helped to get my face in the picture...although who knows with little chickadee...
With the recent separation anxiety...instead of tag teaming it...when Dennis would get home, I'd go run to Target or the grocery store...we ALL go together...takes much longer...but like I said...she is at least excited now to sit for a little bit in the carts...and will stay the whole time if they have the cars attached to them.  Then while Dada checks out, we sit on the chairs and play a little...  That would be black pepper she has in her hand...the seal isn't open though ;)
Emma loved the zoo so much when I took her, we decided to do it again.  Well...not so good.  I think she was tired.  The train whistle was loud...but way too many stops for her...not a good day, as you can see.  She didn't even like the carousel when she begged and cried for more the last time we were there...oh well.   She wanted off the train, but then we ended up following the train on foot...she didn't want back on though...then when the train really took off, she wanted on it!  So we ran after the train to see if we could get back on...yeah...not a good day...she just didn't enjoy it like she did before.
More silly iPhone pictures...  Her newest favorite thing is "bed" "bed" "bed."  She loves to get on Momma and Dada's bed and play with the iPhone, along with her other latest favorite, Thomas the Train and Percy.  
So everyday, at least three times, we get on the bed.  This time, she's back into doing makeup like she sees me do...so I was playing with her hair and she was (pretending) to put makeup on...

Seriously, these are emotional pictures for me...I am the one always taking pictures.  I look at the pictures I've taken and wish I were in them with her and have missed out on everything  So we are making sure that Dada gets behind the camera more lately and I am so happy to finally be getting some pictures with us together like this...



I pulled out my costume jewelry and we played dress-up and did the makeup thing again.  She also had a lot of fun doing this at her Aunt Lisa's house...she calls Aunt Lisa "La "La."







We had a great time for Memorial Day.  Aunt Lee Lee or "La La" as she says came over and we all swam and enjoyed being out by the pool.

Dada had a good idea to bring out the chalks.  I think he had more fun with them though ;)  



We found this little ladybug from Melissa and Doug at Toys R Us.  Tried it for the first time here and, of course, Momma and Dada had to be the ones to show her how fun it is...so finally after we all got wet, she loosened up and then we couldn't get her back in...

We weren't prepared...so we were all in our regular clothes, not bathing suits...it all worked out fine though...

She likes to say "cheese" now when you take her picture...

This is the best thing we could have bought...she loves Miss Ladybug!


And here has been one of the latest crazes...Thomas the Train...on the website, they have videos and games...she loves it!  The video says it all...

Thomas Computer Video from Patricia Roebuck on Vimeo.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of you and Emma. I need to start doing that too we barely have any together either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!