Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Almost 2

I think I've been getting ready for Emma's birthday about three months ago!  Shopping at least for her.  We're a little excited around here to be able to celebrate her birthday WITH HER!!!   I'm glad we did celebrate her first birthday AFTER we got home since we had not met yet.  But this one feels more like the first for us...So decorating started three weeks ago!
This is from 7 Gypsies.  I used it to spell out Happy Birthday and to put pictures of Emma through our first year together...

Kai Kai...is how Emma says Kai-Lan.  Yo Gabba Gabba is out (for now anyway).  Funny, because my sister and I bid on Yo Gabba Gabba stuffed animals on Ebay...and let me tell you, Muno cost me a pretty penny.  But she was crazy about them.  I knew she'd grow out of them, but didn't know it would be so fast...    So mostly her birthday is in the Ni Hao Kai-Lan theme.  Made this banner to spell out Happy Birthday for her using the Silhoutte HD.  The cake, though, will have the Yo Gabba Gabba figures...it'll all be colorful and fun...



Emma loves her washable markers in the bathtub WHEN she takes a bath...but her and Dada got a little crazy one afternoon...

I think the caption for this should be..."Don't Look at Me...He did it!"

And we drove out for a very quick visit to the beach to test the waters...and see how she would do...  Usually we have to show her what to do and she's kind of a little scared of new things...ah, no, this time we had to hold her back...no fear at all...





And this goes to show you how far behind I get in blogging...this was almost one month ago with the play date at the park with Chinese adoptive families...  At one time, she wouldn't get into these swings, now, you can't get her out!  Yes, that's a chip she is eating...I think she could eat them all day if we'd let her...

It took three months since that very quick little out of town trip I made to get her separation anxiety controlled and her confidence that she is not going to be left gone.  This is proof right here with her exploring and playing on her own...

I just cannot say enough of how special it is to have Merrin and her family so close that we can visit each other.  She and Emma spent their first year in the orphanage together in Chenzhou...

And Emma loves Merrin's dad...even when he doesn't throw her up in the air, although that helps!!!

As Joey says, he can't throw Merrin high enough!  

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the photos and your decorations look great!! I am so glad she liked the beach, we will see you all on Saturday.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a wonderful birthday Patricia!!! Emma will like it all, I'm sure!!! I love the picture with the bathtub... cool markers - do they really write on the wall and you can wash it off? Never heard of that before... I'd like them for myself! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!