Thursday, August 19, 2010

What I Love About Sundays-Scrapping the Music

Craig Morgan's What I Love About Sundays is this week's challenge at Scrapping the Music.  This song puts me in memory overload.  I grew up in Southern Baptist churches, baptized at age 10, and then at 19 I rededicated my life to the Lord and went to church on my own, met Dennis, and still have a strong faith. But thankfully Mom and Dad did not see anything wrong with dancing, card playing, drinking, etc.  So even though I grew up Southern Baptist, we were not committed to a religion, but trusting in God.  Probably why now, as an adult I prefer non-denominational churches, and contrary to traditional Southern Baptist churches, I love to rock out at church!

Hoping Emma has these kinds of memories of going to church, and developing friendships, self-esteem, strong faith, and a love for God and for People.  But until then, here is Emma going for a Sunday Drive (pretending) at 16 mos. in the parking lot of Starbucks!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!