Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Scrapfest Scrappin'

I went to Scrapfest last Thur, Fri, and Sat and scrapped like crazy.  I just love being able to have all of my supplies with me so I can be spontaneous and chatting with friends...

But first I need to make some corrections regarding my last post Roll Tide Roll.  Alabama DID win and Aunt Lisa was the one who taught Emma to say Roll Tide Roll ;)

So the first layout here is one where Dennis and Dean enjoyed the first Bama game together and ate at Rama Jama's.  Thanks, Dean, for the ticket.  I did use just one, but I cut it up...
So here are the layouts I did while at Scrapfest...

This one was part of the challenges at scrapfest going on all weekend.  We were given a plain piece of cardboard.  I gessoed some and stamped using the new Maya Road button stamps (love them) and then cut them out.  Some that I cut out, I turned over to use the plain cardboard side and used the new Marvy crimper I got while there to crimp them.  Then I painted one side, stamped, and embossed a flower, cut it out and used on top of the flower.  Then on the plain side of the cardboard, I stamped my title, cut it out, and crimped it.  I love it and thankfully I had a few that liked my layout there ;)  My style is VERY different from most scrappers there and looked over quite a bit...

This was another challenge.  We were given red felt.  Again, I kept it simple to keep my overall design of the layout strong.  I stamped the red stars, cut them out and popped dotted them...  Then I cut three pieces, braided them together, rolled them up and made the small rose in the corner...

Emma's first Mardi Gras...

This was actually the first challenge at scrapfest.  We were given a coffee filter.  The made the flower in the corner with one piece.  Then the other pieces I glimmer misted, stamped with the new Maya Road doily stamps (love those too), but them out (very carefully) and used one with the small clothes pin and the others I cut in half to use as a border.  Don't think anyone noticed it...again, this is my style and not the style of most there...

So I got a lot done while there.  These are some things I had done before I went!  Yes, I love to scrap!!!

Emma glued pieces of leftover paper to the heart, I cut off the excess and then she had so much fun using my rubons.  This would be momma owl and baby owl...

I'll have to post more about the challenge blog site I found for sketches.  I don't do well with sketches, but I really was inspired by this blog and did this...

I have been so inspired by the Maya Road blog site with making flowers with her ribbons, that I looked up on the web for how to make more flowers.  So then I went crazy with ribbon and instead of paper, I used the ribbon to cover the chipboard.  I was just creating and had no idea what I was going to do with this, when it hit me that it would make a good Easter album since I have so many pictures.  

I used my Silhouette to cut out the inside pages...

And I started another art journal...we'll see how this one goes...  And the little tree on the left is now finished...will post later...

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome of course and glad you had a great time. Missed you on Saturday and hopefully we can catch up before the next play date!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!