Monday, January 24, 2011

More Layouts and Another Mini Album

I over print photos.  I think mainly this is from trying to pack up for Scrapfests in the past.  Most of them I probably wouldn't scrap, but then on the other hand, lots of memories.  So I pulled out some iPhone photos and/or some not so great photos, but a story behind them.

This is from the iPhone when I tried to lie down for a nap and little chickadee covered me in bandaids!  So I titled it 24/7...and journaled how much more difficult it is with a little one than I could imagine...
This was from a challenge blog that uses sketches as challenges...I'm sketch challenged for sure...so not easy for me to do...finally a layout about what I call my little Chickadee...
Another sketch...yuk...didn't like, but a memory...
Scraps and leftovers lying about...so grabbed these snapshots of little chickadee's first Disney Store experience...
I may have posted this one already...I was feeling very low about needing some breathing room...Emma is more than just a handful, she's 2!
More scraps put together...I remember this day VERY well.  And was amazed at how fast she could blow bubbles...
This cute photo finally got scrapped...she still loves her chocolate peanut butter...
Oh man...she was in a mood this day...it was Valentine's last year and also the Chinese New Year...it had snuck up on me because of the huge adjustment being home...wanted it documented...
I love the Silhouette more and more that I use it.  Have been seeing the little accordian-type balls on layouts lately, and it inspired me to make some hearts to hang...  I just cut out about 10 hearts, same size, layered them, then stitched in the middle.  I did it in groups of five though and then put them together.  Learning from my mistake...don't over stitch in the middle or they will tear out.  Oh, also sewed the ribbon in the top to attach...
Need to post this one up at Studio Calico...this was for a sketch of the week and also one of the designers challenged you to use fabric.  Again, sketches are tough for me...after a re-do...I like the end result...and it documents more about the month of December...the journaling is hidden...
Too cute of a picture from my stash not to scrap.  And again, I remember this precise day at the park...she has come a long way of wanting to be held the entire time and is starting to play and loves to swing now...
And a little Christmas mini-album.  I posted awhile back that I won runner-up in the Maya Road challenge on the Two Peas in a Bucket scrapbooking site.  Well, the team at Maya Road's has posted a link on their blog of the grand prize winner's project and posted pictures of mine and the other runner up's project.  This is one of the many things I won...the acrylic layered album...here it is put to good use!











Getting ready for the new Chinese New Year and will be posting some handmade decorations as well as some new photos from our little visit to the tea house...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!