Saturday, January 08, 2011

Some Mini Albums

Did this awhile back for Halloween and decided to finally use this canvas album from Prima that I had to have that just sat for about a year ;)  I painted the front with black paint (there's probably an easier way to do it, but I just use a baby wipe and dip into the paint and spread).  I then laid the Heidi Swapp bat mask over it (only could find on ebay as it is an old product) and misted with the new Huey Mist from Studio Calico...oh my...I loved it.  I poured some Tattered Angels glimmer mist in a plastic cup and dipped the ribbons (they were the same canvas color) into it to soak it up) then dried them and tied them back onto the album...
You can probably use a medium to help spread the paint...but my time and patience are low...so it's do it and go attitude for me right now with the little time I can sneak some scrapping in...  Used some rubons on the inside cover here as well...Hambly...a little dried out...but managed to get it transferred...
Used mostly Hambly screen prints and overlays throughout the album...as well as rubons...  If I used an overlay on one side, I made sure the screenprint color was complimentary or a contrast that I liked as you would see the next pages color come through...these were the plastic protector pages...
Maya Road doily overlay...
So I just measured what would fit inside the protectors and did an ordinary scrapbook page and slipped them in the cover...






Just kept the pages simple, using pretty product and I got the result of a spooky album that I wanted for our Halloween 2010...

Now these pages didn't have a page protector...just the canvas...but I still  kept them very simple by spreading paints and stamping with acrylic stamps (used paints not ink)...
Most of the stamps are Sassafras Lass...the swirls in teal are American Crafts...
Started using some of the Cosmo Cricket Halloween papers...Love those!
I used my ATG gun by Scotch to attach the overlays and paper, but used Beacon glue to attach the chipboard swirls...

I did use ink to stamp out the Trick or Treat...



Used some Martha Stewart border punches...
And used the last page to list some of Emma's favorites this Halloween...
Even though this wasn't the best trip ever kind of feeling and actually completely changed Emma's schedule since...I decided to make a mini-album out of it using this Maya Road window album...really did not know how to use it, but when I started, it flowed...and flowing for me is a good thing with a 2 year old...
 The October Afternoon papers and stickers were so perfect, as well as those Maya Road doilies...

 Used some Studio Calico and Basic Grey borders to accent the photos...
 Wanted to use some of the shells we collected...
 That little crocheted doily is by Jolee...
 Each page had a window...so I either covered them from the back or the front and then on some pages used the frames that came with the album...
 You can see a frame here that I covered with patterned paper.
 This window I left open and covered from the back showing the patterned paper and then used it to add dimension for adding photos...

 I left this window open and placed a Maya Road clear doily in it and placed a frame over it...then rubbed the Hambly rubon over it...really cool look when held up to the light...
 And then it shows nicely through the other side...




I just kept that style throughout the album and it was so fun to make...after Emma would fall asleep at night, I'd get back up and stay up sometimes a little too late doing this...but I enjoyed every minute of it...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!