Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mardi Gras 2011

With taking the photography class at Big Picture...and mainly not becoming complacent with just ordinary photos and making an effort instead...I really tried to capture the details of Mardi Gras day.   A small parade and very family focused, so just good clean fun, although the ladies in the top right photo were having a fabulous time!
Lots of color...so I was in heaven...I love vibrant colors!  I got bolder, first time ever doing this...went up to people and asked if I could take their photos...they were more then willing...just big time out of my comfort zone and then I feel like I'm all thumbs taking photos, but I was so happy when I got these onto my computer...
Emma had a great time...even though it doesn't look like it.  It is VERY LOUD with the horns of the trucks blowing...it hurts our ears, so can only imagine what it is like for little ears.  But she was screaming "throw me something mister."  I was so proud of her.  She dressed up in her Little Mermaid costume...but sadly, this year's parade was not throwing like it did last year...so after the first pass...we were all ready to go home...
Got a decent amount of beads to make a little one happy though ;)  But we were disappointed not to catch that Nemo that came our way!  Emma is still talking about that...

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Patricia! Emma looks so beautiful in these photos! Your parade pics are awesome. I love how you captured special moments.

    And thank you so much for stopping by my blog. To answer your question, I am not taking Lisa's online class - I found it to be a bit pricey, too. But I am going to take a 1 day class at my friends home in April - Lisa is coming to teach. I am very excited!!! How do you like the Big Picture?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!