Sunday, March 20, 2011

Missing Aunt Denise

I took so many pictures while Denise was here, it's hard to keep up.  We had so much fun and Emma and all of us are missing her.  Denise got to see of lot of what Emma does during the week and shared some of Emma's favorite things to do...like the latest craze is going for some Fro Yo (Frozen Yogart) at Menchies...
I think Emma is so over me taking pictures, but Dennis got her going by telling her to look for the yellow light on my camera.  I set up a tripod at this local restaurant we spotted to stop and try to get photos with Denise and all of us.  I really wanted Emma in her blue dress...but she was loopy and tired...I think it's priceless her expressions...
Since really getting more serious about photography, it does make taking shots a lot more stressful.  I know some things I would have changed, but it has got to be fun...
One of my favorite shots I got of Dennis and Denise...
After we all went to Emma's ballet class, we walked around and saw this band playing.  Emma is not shy, well sometimes at first, but she just walked right up int he middle of them ;)  We even got them to play her favorite song...Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...
Besides the photography class on mastering manual mode, I'm taking Kim Klassen's class on Photoshop Elements.  She uses textures, so after one of our lessons this week, I tried it on my own photos...
Love the aged look her texture gave to these photos...so much fun to play around with...
Well...we set up another time to get a family photo shoot.  I really wanted to get something for Easter.  She does love her dress, so that wasn't a problem to get on her.  She doesn't nap during the day unless she falls asleep in the car...so while she was fresh, had to shoot in the morning right before the harsh sun came out and found a shaded area in our own yard.
Because she moves around so much, I'm having a hard time locking in settings for manual...but for this shot below I overexposed my shot anticipating her movement for when she IS in the shot and got it!  I was very proud.  It did come out a little underexposed (dark), but thanks to PSE I fixed it up.  Also if you notice, what made it more fun for her was for HER to have the remote...NOT me!  I'll take what I can get...
Next, I was able to do more of what comes naturally for me is shooting her...
We love you Denise...hope you get home safely...

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!