Wednesday, March 23, 2011

She Will Always Be My Baby

I took a double take at the chalkboard the other day, and thought maybe Dennis had written Emma's name on the board, or helped her.  So I asked him.  He said no.  I said, well, I didn't do it!  I looked at Emma, and said, did you write your name on the board?  She sure did!  All I can say, is this little chickadee keeps us on our toes!
(our traditional pose with a picture taken from our backs looking at a scene)  First time we did this pose was in Sendai, Japan.  So needless to say, we have been very worried about our friends in Japan that we made through my sister-in-law Denise, and thankfully Denise has heard from them all.  BUT, this picture is of the Great Wall in China.  Just about a day and half before our lives got swept up in a whirlwind!
I tell Emma all of the time, that she is not a baby anymore, BUT that she will always be my baby.  She loves it when I tell her that.  This little baby has come a very long way...
I had done this layout awhile ago of pics of us out and about celebrating our adoption day.  Time is flying by even faster now, and harder to do much of anything else these days ;) so I'm happy to be able to get important things documented.  Emma is already appreciating all of the books and layouts I've made and loves to look at them all the time...
 On one of those few days where I had enough energy left...I used the Silhouette to make these cards...going to send them out as Easter cards...
 The pleated ribbon at the bottom was off-white...so I was able to spray it with Maya Mist or Studio Calico mist.  Had a lot of fun doing these...and using up some supplies that have been neglected ;)


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post plenty of beauty, thanks, thanks, thanks for share
    Bigs and warms kisses for all of you and a HUUUUUUUUUUUG for my dear Emma.
    Felisa
    (this post moves me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a smart cookie!!! Love the picture of you and "baby Emma" can't believe how far they have come......just needs to slow down a bit.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!