Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter...
 to you...
 and your family and friends...
As a follower of Christ, I rejoice in Jesus conquering death and that I too will once be with Him.  It is the life we must live here on earth that can leave me with little to rejoice about sometimes.  Until that time, I need constant reminders of the Joy that belongs to me as being a Child of God.  I for one, find it very hard to do and am by no means a saint, although Jesus has washed away my sins and I live in His constant and loving grace.  When I get overwhelmed, depressed, sad, the first thing I think of is not His grace and love.  The first thing I think of is what needs to go away from my life.  What is making my life more unbearable than it needs to be and remembering that my faith in Him will help me sort it through and weed out the unnecessaries.  What makes ME happy?  It is hard to give up the things you think are making you happy to learn that they were the reason for your unhappiness.  As I go along this life here with Jesus feeling so far away at times, one thing I always come back to...


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and your family, my friend! This post is just beautiful - in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your family had lovely days and lots of (chocolate) eggs! Enjoy, enjoy the days! Great to see such a lovely pic of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:08 AM

    What a beautiful commentary. Patricia, Dennis and sweet Emma. I was so overjoyed to meet you on easter @ the Cullens.I felt as if I were meeting celebrities. I have been following your blog for so long and it was a joy to see your faces when I walked into the room.Your Emma is beautiful and your joy as a family is evident. I am so happy for you.

    Your Friend (Joey's Godmother)
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!