Sunday, April 17, 2011

Scrapping the Music and More Scrapping; the Loss of Uncle Billy

Scrapping the Music's challenge is "Good Days" by Alain Clark.  The song inspired me to turn to my art journal for this entry about the house I grew up in...Come play along with us and show off your work...
And lots more scrapping that I've gotten done over the past few weeks...Emma opening her {red} envelope, which really wasn't red, but she didn't mind...she wanted the $$
And very quickly did she take that money and went to Target with Dennis and picked out this Cars' character.  She paid the clerk herself and was very proud of her first purchase.
Emma doing some of her artwork...and how great the easel has been...probably one of her favorite Christmas presents...
And my Archie boy, who is getting old, but still frisky...
And this was one rainy day, Emma and I made homemade cupcakes...chocolate chip...had to be chocolate, not my favorite for a cupcake, but that's what she wanted...
And one with her singing in the microphone at the Chinese New Year celebration...
Our lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant for the Chinese New Year...I saw this on Sasha's blog (designer from Studio Calico) where she turned over a piece of diecut Basic Grey paper and sprayed it.  Oooo, I had to try it.  I like the Asian look it gave for my page...
And another layout of the weekend long Chinese New Year celebrations...
Saved a few of the crafts she made at one of the celebrations, and knew I wanted to use this dragon some kind of way.  They were from Oriental Trading...the kids could just scratch on it to reveal the color underneath...
And there is not enough I can say about the news we received this weekend of Dennis' Uncle Billy's passing away.  He had had a stroke about 6 years ago, but recently was not doing well.  He died way too young.  His condition has been so hard on him and his family.  They went through a lot, but thankfully they were surrounded by lots of loving and caring family to help them through it.  Uncle Billy was like another Dad to Dennis.  He spent a lot of time with all of the kids as they were growing up, taught him how to play the guitar, always talked about cars and engines, etc.  He was a very talented man.  I'm so glad I got to know him.  I wish we could have seen him again before his passing.  It's just a very sad and empty feeling...he will be greatly missed...

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. hi P!!! I don't know how you find time to do such beautiful work when you have a toddler running amok! and she's a girl after my own heart with her penchant for skulls, lol!!! I love the adventures of Emma stories!!!

    thanks for stopping by my blog...its always so nice to hear from you.

    XO

    - L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!