Friday, May 13, 2011

2011 End of Winter Pre-Ballet Class

A friend from church gave us "dressup" clothes...that's what she said.  When I saw them, my jaw dropped.  They were dance clothes and some simple dressup clothes, but all in perfect condition and gorgeous...
Emma has gotten into dressing up more and more...and I was so happy when she picked this pretty one and wanted to wear the tiara with it!
So we went outside for some pictures...but even she doesn't like this summer weather and wanted to get in the shade.  And it was very humid...sweating for no reason.  
She wasn't going to put down the iPhone, I don't push it.  I'd rather her be herself.  She is really into watching a lot of shows:  Kai-Lan, Yo Gabba Gabba, Curious George, The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That, and the newest is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (thanks Wendy for telling me about it).  Mainly watches them on the iPhone.  So Mickey Mouse was on and to get her to look up, I said "Oh Toodles" when they said it...
I kept on saying it, then she looked up, and said..."No, Momma...they don't say it anymore."
The sun came out too strong again and she said the sun is in my eyes...let me move to the shade...so I said smell the flowers...yeah, they don't smell, but you do what you can...
I was so happy she let me do her hair.  I think I kind of got a little sappy because when I put that tiara on her and saw how beautiful she was...well, she just took my breath away...
Then at ballet, I knew she'd see me taking pictures, so she took some on the iPhone...will have to post hers later...too cute!
I got my settings for manual exposure and gave Dennis the camera...he really does have a good eye for pictures, just needs a little coaching...
I knew the tiara would fall out a lot, but I was just excited she wanted to wear it...
Okay...Mom has the camera again...I brought my external flash, but I realized it wasn't flashing...so was playing around with it...not a good time for that to happen...
But I think with learning and practicing photography even more than ever, I was able to get 100 times better pictures than I did last time...
I love this one of her in motion...
Emma and Annalaura getting ready to do a jeté where it looks like they leap in the air.  It's cute to watch them do it.  Most of them kind of sort of jump over the little pretend water and fishies.  Emma will usually run and kind of do a jump...but one of the girls right before her had a wipeout...
So she was ready to run and then jump...
but Ms Brittany had to help her...she chickened out.  I think seeing the wipeout made her think twice about doing it ;)
Trying it one more time...
...don't think so...
Time for the dance performance to Puff the Magic Dragon.  The ribbons were cute, but a little hazardous to getting whacked!
Trying to get a group shot...
So cute...Misty told Emma to hold her head up...and she REALLY listened.  Bless her heart...but oh so cute when you see little ones grouped like this...
 I was a little discombobulated to say the least as you will see in the video with the problem with my external flash, but then my camera said the card was full...that cannot even be possible...I have a 16GB card and I knew it wasn't full...got that fixed when I got home (reformatted it).  Then Dennis was having some problems using the iPhone video...I showed him a trick I just discovered to zoom in while taking photos with it, so he just thought he could do it with the video too.  So the video from the iPhone is even skinnier than normal.  And I hate that it even comes out like this.  I need to research it I guess...but if anyone knows how to make the picture look like a normal video once uploaded and not skinny like the phone, let me know.  

With all of that going on, I did not pay enough attention to notice how well Emma was doing on her own.  She had been getting better with her confidence and being a little more away from me since she started school.  School has helped her a lot, it's very noticeable the confidence she has gained.  So I wish I had noticed at the time...but I am still in awe of how well she did and actually get a little sappy...

You can click the four arrows to the left of where it says Vimeo to enlarge the video...
2011 End of Winter Pre-Ballet from Patricia Roebuck on Vimeo.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!