Thursday, May 05, 2011

A "BEE" UTIFUL Year

I wanted to put together a little mini album of pictures of Emma since day one of our adoption.  I still have that yucky, sad, kind of angry feeling of not being with Emma her first year.  Here's the album I did of pictures we had gotten from the orphanage of her first year.  I don't think the feeling will ever go away...

So this little mini is pics from the time of our adoption in the Guangzhou, White Swan hotel at 12 months, up until the anniversary of our one year adoption.
I used the Maya Road Bee Hive mini album I had won from the Maya Road Two Peas Challenge several months ago.  Another challenge is up at Two Peas, so I used mostly Maya Road and more of her newest products.
I honestly have been so tired and having a lack of any kind of motivation, but my will must have been stronger to get this done...although I had to do it a little at a time...
I used Sassafras Lass papers.  Mostly their Indie Girl line and a little Count Me In...
I sanded (with a fingernail file) the edges to smooth them out, then painted them.
Then I used a Sharpie Poster Paint pen in the same color to draw stitching lines around it.
Loved using some of Maya's newest stamps for this...it was perfect.
You can see a list of supplies here.
I'm so glad I put the album together...
because I knew that there was that one point where all of a sudden...
she changed from having still a little bit of a baby look...
to just starting to look more like a...
little girl...
Hair all of a sudden got longer too...
She's grown so much since 24 months too...She'll be 3 in July!
Guess I'll have to do another album...
I have to say I'm thankful for being able to get Emma at 12 months.  Bitter and angry, yes, that we didn't get her at a younger age.  But still thankful.  And thankful that I witnessed firsthand how she was growing up her first year with us as a family...

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am with you it makes me so sad that we and them missed out on so much the first year. I know we are so blessed but it does hurt and them growing up so quickly just makes my heart hurt.

    Love the album it looks awesome!

    Hugs!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia, your album is absolutely awesome! I love it, and I am sure your sweet daughter will, too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!