Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Our long weekend started on Thursday...Aunt Lisa was off, so me, Emma, and Aunt Lisa headed to the "big" mall.  We mainly shopped at the Disney store for Emma's birthday.  I can't believe I actually was able to buy what I bought and she didn't make a fuss about not getting it all like NOW. 

After our hard work and excitement of shopping, we stopped for beignets and coffee for us, water for her.  The "big" mall, as we tell Emma, is full of memories for me and Lisa, since we grew up just a few streets away from it.  The mall has changed a whole lot from what it once was and who used to work there as well.  In the past, we'd stop by J.C. Penney to tell Mom hi.  She worked as the switchboard operator.  Lots of memories...
 So funny to be sharing with Emma now.  The place Lisa and I loved to hang out at all the time is now going to be a place Emma will want to hang out at (NOT BY HERSELF!) LOL!
 She loved making a wish with our pennies...but didn't understand why she couldn't start taking our nickels and quarters...
 This was a picture taken by Emma using Aunt Lisa's phone...how funny!  Me driving...
 And thanks to Wendy, she had made this pico de gallo and guacamole when we went over to her house one weekend.  She said she got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman...  Since I could probably eat my weight in pico de gallo and guacamole, I looked up the recipe and made some this weekend.  Sorry Lisa, it never lasted through the entire weekend :(
 And little twinkle toes...
 ...dancing to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the Wii.  Dennis thought she might be into it now that she's older, but she just wanted to dance...
 Practicing her ballet moves...
 ...very focused...
 ...paying attention to form ;)
 Archie looking on...
 Later little chickadee wants to nap, but she just cannot do it...
HOT outside, but the pool makes it better.   She loves the pool even more every summer...
 Gets a little more and more comfortable with starting to float on her own...
 Oh, and the mall...I found some new flip flops...the FitFlops.  When I saw them online, I thought I could wear those and it wouldn't bother my previous tendon injury.  Oh my...I LOVE these things!
 And we have not left the house at all since Friday.  We made it a plan to really try to do some potty training, and STAY home.  She had done it before in the potty and the toilet back in October...so with her memory like an elephant, you'd think she would remember it isn't anything to fear.  But Dennis was with her while outside and she panicked, like she's been doing lately, and wanted a diaper or a pull up.  They were both wet from the pool, so no time to get one...and finally, once she heard the pee pee come out, it was relief...like she realized it was okay and nothing bad...

Soooo 3 days in a row pee pee and poo poo in potty or toilet!  I think what really helped was a free app I found for the iPhone too.
 Aunt Lisa being silly...
 Goofball...
 Emma had to do the same thing...
 So it's been a very good and relaxing weekend...very much needed...Hope everyone had a great weekend and Memorial Day!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had a great weekend!! So proud of Emma, when I told Merrin she said she wanted to see Emma on the potty, too funny. OK I will check back with you later about tomorrow, can't wait! PS: the Pico de gallo and guac looked so yummy I have not made it in a while but I will have to soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!