Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some 2011 Changes...

For almost a year, I was trying to at least go to Yoga class at the gym once or twice a week, but slowly and slowly it became more difficult to be able to go.  Leaving Emma with strangers is not an option, that does not fit her personality at all or her situation.  So since December, when I can, I try to go for a walk.  I quit the gym again, it just doesn't work for me or us.  I'm back to the basics of what I had done for over 10 years...walking...  I'm not able to do it as much to feel the benefits of the stress relief, but at least I am doing something for my health...and Emma and Dada love to cheer me on as I pass by...
 More stress relief for me has been getting better at taking pictures, learning more, practicing more, reading, learning, practicing, etc etc etc.  And creating scrapbook layouts, cards, mini albums...
 When I cook, as Dennis says, "I'm on."  But it doesn't leave much time for playing and running around with Emma, cleaning up, doing one of my stress relievers, or walking.  This particular Bertolli is one of the better ones we've tried.  Dennis didn't know it was frozen and thought I had made it.
And the biggest thing that changed was finding out about the school Emma is going to right now.  The two and a half months of having to stay at the school until she was comfortable was emotional and draining.  But it finally happened and she has so much fun and more confidence now.  The teacher confirmed what we always knew.  She has to be comfortable where she is before you can leave her AND she has to have nurturing teachers, she's not one to be left to drift...  And for her...it takes a little longer to feel comfortable...every child is different...
One thing that I can do more than ever is scrapbook with Emma.  She picks some things from my stash (I let her...it's fun for her and I want to include her, she feels proud of what she makes), and we work together.  One day this past weekend I think was even able to start and finish a layout almost to completion while she worked on her masterpiece.  EVERYTHING takes much longer when she is working along side of you, but it's worth it.  She's not finished her masterpiece yet, as she says, so I couldn't take a picture of hers...but here is mine...

Scrapping the Music's challenge song this time around is Dream Big by Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband.  I chose, from the song, the words "Walk with Pride" and scrapped about how I am back to walking...


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!