Saturday, June 25, 2011

2 Peas Prize, Smashing, Easter Mini, and Dare #178

I got my prize from Two Peas in a Bucket for the Maya Road challenge...Emma has already had fun with them...
 Emma and I have been having fun using our Smash books this Summer...she saw me paint mine, so she did the same ;)
 Wrote a little something in her book...don't know if it will survive until she appreciates it...she's already tried to glue something down on the writing...
 She LOVES...I do mean like seriously LOVES tape...so she is loving the Smash tape...she likes to just grab anything and put it in her book ;)  She does love the pumpkin bread at Starbucks...so she was excited to put the napkin in her book...
 Since she is loving tape, I ordered some Mark Washi tape (Japanese masking tape) from Cute Tape.  It's easier for her to just tear (although she loves to cut A LOT) and stick down...which she does a lot of too ;)
 After her dentist appt, I told her to get a card from her doctor and put in her book...
 and these are some packaging from her toys for rewarding her for doing so well with using the potty and/or toilet here and especially for doing so well when we go out and using the public toilets...
 And she got a hold of the stamps I got from Two Peas...I really don't need to buy her special stamps...she does so well with mine ;)  Did a little handprint there too...
 And this is mine...this is what started the painting on hers...
 I still have my other art journal that unfortunately gets neglected...so hoping to use this as just putting little tidbits into.  Have to say, a little disappointed in the book.  It was supposed to be "retro."  It's more vintage than what I would call retro.  But very cute idea...
 my entry about my day at the movie...went to see Pirates 4...loved it!  Was so refreshed after a day of me getting entertained for a change...
 And just cuttings from magazines...
 Finished this little Easter 2011 mini album.  Used lots of coordinating paper to make the pages.  Picked this scalloped design and cut it with the Silhouette.  Wanted it to be a little frilly...and just something different...  The bunny, the branch, flower, and eggs are cut with Silhouette too...
 little things documented to remember to always do...
 how funny it was that Emma started to use the remote for the camera to take the pictures ;)
 just fun and easy to put together...
 Really inspired by the galleries with so many of the circle designs.  I really am challenged when it comes to using pictures cut as circles...but I like the way it came out.

 Spending our first Easter day with Merrin and her family...
 Great memories, and Emma loves to look at the mini albums I make...
 Love how old and new products work so well together.  Cosmo Cricket DeLovely chipboard stickers and Sassafras Lass Mix patterned paper with Pebbles paper and toothpick flags.  And love that Studio Calico newspaper stamp on the Kraft circle.
 And I'm having fun too using the tape ;)
 Emma loving having the attention of Mr. Joey ;)
 I love being able to cut the circles, and shapes with the Silhouette...it helped make this go together so well...
 A little note for Chickadee of yet another one of Mom's mini albums...
 And I saw on the Studio Calico boards that the Dares are back...challenge #178...the challenge prompt is "Because Of."  So many things to do with it...thought about documenting the change in having a little one around.  But with us spending so much more time with Merrin and how amazing it is that Emma will have this special relationship growing up...I pushed myself to document it.  Loving the circles lately, so tried to incorporate part of the title as a circle...

"Because of The Rumor Queen a/k/a China Adopt Talk and Blogging"
The journaling reads:  ”Both born in Changsha, Hunan, China and both spent their first year together as crib friends in the same orphanage - I congratulate all of the other families that posted their referrals on the Rumor Queen site - So amazing to find another family, because of the RQ and blogging, to live only an hour away from us to be bringing home one of Emma’s crib friends.  How blessed we are to see them grow up together.”
 It really amazes me that these girls can grow up together...and all because of the Internet...very thankful

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. OK you made me cry, I love love it!! Joey and I feel so blessed and are so happy that we have you all in our lives and that our girls will grow up together! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!