Saturday, June 04, 2011

Happy Birthday, Momma!

It made my day yesterday, to wake up hearing Emma screaming, "Happy Birthday, Momma!"  Dennis got some cute video of it...will have to get around to posting that later...but here's how the day went...

I got to pick a place to eat for lunch...Mellow Mushroom...
 Good atmosphere, especially for Emma, and great food!
 Aunt Lisa met us, which made Emma's day!  So glad Lisa could take off and spend the day with us...
 We did order appetizers, but Emma's most favorite is parmesan cheese...she can't get enough of it...
 So Lisa was the lucky one this time to be covered in parmesan cheese for the day ;)
 Got some pretzels (have had them better...should have sent them back, but we were having too much fun).
 I got the spinach and artichoke pizza, my favorite and Emma's too...
 Dennis likes the pepperoni...Aunt Lisa got a yummy salad...
And the day before I was busy baking homemade cupcakes...Emma has helped before, but I think with potty training and not taking the daily drives for her to nap, plus staying up a little later, have caught up with her...she was unbearable to be around...so I went to bed with her at 6, she fell asleep at 7, I got back up as usual to have some quiet time, and she slept 13 hours straight...made for a much better day yesterday...
 First time doing the cupcakes with the stand instead of a birthday cake...decided to do this for all of our birthdays.   Lesson learned, ice the cupcakes and put them on stand first with candle, so everyone can sing happy birthday, and then decorate and/or eat them...because ahem...Emma, Aunt Lisa, and Dennis each ate a cupcake before the stand was filled up...
 Okay...so turned the empty spots around, snapped a picture, and everyone sung happy birthday...
And another favorite of ours that Dennis and I decided we wanted to splurge on again, green tea from Japan.  It came in just in time...and we have been enjoying every sip of it...especially at night after Emma has fallen asleep ;)

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday, P!!! : .)

    I was laughing out loud at your story! fun times!!!

    we have the Golden Mushroom which is also a pizza place! ironic.

    oh, and can I please have a cupcake?! hee!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!