Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Wanna Be A Rock Star

Playing poolside...
..."her" poolside...the little pool finally made it's way out of the big pool and this was a hit!  She's a smart thing...I think she didn't like being in the direct sun, just like we don't like it either.  This way she gets to at least be in the shade.
Wow, the humidity is a killer making it feel hotter than what it is...although the 90's are pretty hot ;)
Love those little feet of hers...that big toe of hers the way it curls up...I remember seeing those little feet for the first time and kissing them while staying in the hotels in China when we first got her...
She's big time into the pretend play, and her pool and poolside is what she calls the "clubhouse," from watching The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  She likes to reenact the shows...
And yep, only head shots and feet shots, because who needs a swimsuit when you can go skinny dipping, right?
And then she takes this little Gymboree magnetic toy and pretends it's a microphone.  Where did the moves come from?  OMG  I have visions of Roger Daltrey and Robert Plant as I watched her belt out song after song...
She makes up the words as she goes...
...brought back memories of my childhood of doing the same thing...
...but I don't think I had this much drama behind it...maybe she's more of a Celine Dion if she'd put clothes on...I think I'd rather Roger Daltrey though, just saying ;)
We had a great weekend and week so far of doing this...
She even pretended like it was a trumpet...
And she really is a rock star...because she has been using the potty and/or toilet for over two weeks now.  No diapers, no pull-ups.  With her, pull-ups are the same thing as a diaper, so we knew once she did it over that weekend, to just go with it.  She's even been on long car rides, fallen asleep, and no accident.  We are very proud of our little chickadee...
You've got something to sing about little chickadee...let it loose!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!