Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Summer in Full Swing

About a week ago, I was on the computer while Emma was playing on her own and watching TV.  I say that as if it really happens ;) But I try to do something besides give her undivided attention all day, it's a struggle in which she usually wins, and I feel more worn out, having to remind her I have work to do, and we will do something together again later, and she replies, "now."  It's worse when Dennis is here too (yes, I blogged about this, Dennis) because she knows she can get undivided attention from him.  If Calgon really worked the way the commercials say they do, give me a double shot of that.

So back to what I was getting at...it was one of those times where I say, "ok it's time for you to play or watch your show so I can get some work done"...and it's a little too quiet...then all of a sudden she comes in the room and says Hi.  I think my face dropped...

I tried not to react too badly to upset her, but I said, "did you get into my makeup"?  So off we went to my bedroom to find out...
                                      
Yep.  I use Bare Escentuals, so all of my makeup is in powder form and in little containers...a whole one was all over my case and on her.  Before I cleaned it up, I said I have to take a picture...I knew I was upset at the time, but I knew it would be something funny to look back on...
 So she copies me and is taking pictures too...
 I said, maybe we can do makeup together next time...and not to play with it by yourself or I won't have any left ;)  She said, "Momma will never have that makeup anymore."  ;)
 So enough was enough, time to do something together...we went to the blue park...she took this picture...
 Then we headed to the fountains to get some relief from the 90-100 degree weather (plus humidity), lovely...
  Got a snowball and then walked over and got wet...
 We went to a park in New Orleans on Monday.  My way of thinking, do something outside in the morning even though it's still stinking hot, and then the afternoons, I attempt to get "other" necessities done around the house...still not working too well, but it's a plan...
 I actually took the picture above and below as some of my favorite spots to set up a photo shoot with Emma and Merrin.  The beauty of southern Louisiana...
 Then yesterday, we went to one of our state parks.  It has a beach, and I know how much she loves the beach...
 it was nice to have a little shaded area and to be able to get a little wet from the lake and the fountains they have there.
And today was the first day of Princess Ballet.  Each class, they dress up like a princess to do their ballet.  Today was Ariel...oh, she was so excited...This was zoomed in, so not a great shot, but I just love her first reaction to seeing herself...
 Then I got closer to her.  She was checking out her tail ;)  the mermaid tail that is...
 I wasn't sure if she was going to like the dressing up.  She likes it at home, but you know how kids can be so fickle...just wasn't sure...well, I'm sure now...
 Dennis saw the pictures and said, he's glad we decided to do the class...
 I got video of her...which will have to be another time to post that...but for now just pictures...my sweet girl...

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Merrin did the same with my make up but not as bad, she had black eyeliner all over her face and some on my white comforter, same thing she was being way to quiet!!
    Love her at dancing so cute, I can't wait for Merrin to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww what a gorgeous lil girl she is...you are truely blessed!!! sorry bout your makeup! ;D just bloghopping by with 'Chat with Charm' via STM! thx for having us pop over! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!