Tuesday, July 05, 2011

4th of July Weekend...

...a very busy 4th of July weekend.  I told Emma that Dennis' friend, Dean, and his wife, Kathy, were coming in town for the weekend.  They got in very late after she went to bed, so Saturday, when she woke up, she saw them...didn't take her long before she was having a great time.

We decided to do a swamp tour.  We thought it'd be fun.  But the heat index was 119 and the boat ride was 2 hours!  Ummm, not the best environment for little chickadee.  She felt trapped, wanted a Reeses, and wanted off NOW.  We took her shirt off and thankfully the captain gave us a water to give her some relief from the heat.  Okay...note to self...do not do this again until she's older...
 It was a fun idea though...Dean with a great photo op ;)
Before I was holding a crying almost 3 year old...I did get some pics of the beautiful swamp...






 Poor thing...it was just too dang hot!
 Really beautiful but not a place to get lost in.  Lots of movies were filmed here, as the captain told us... "Brother, Where Art Though," "Interview with a Vampire," and lots more, but those stood out to me...
Well, most of the next day, I had a great idea to do some pioneer woman recipes for the 4th...my eyes were bigger than what I could do, and I realized how much I am not the pioneer woman or one of those women who can do it all...so good thing we took a break and went out for dinner at the Mellow Mushroom.  But Emma absolutely loved hanging out with Dean and Kathy, especially Kathy.  Kathy's a preschool teacher, so Emma had a ball...
More fun photo ops.  I can't help but laugh when I look at these pictures...
 We set up a couple of photo shoots.  I would normally pick one or two of the best pics and delete the rest...but Emma is absolutely adorable in these.  We had to do fist pumps, thumps up, peace signs, whatever, to get her to smile...sooo stinking cute!
 I think the ones with us standing ended up being my favorite...oh her little face is so cute...
 I had fun taking pics of Dean and Kathy.  Gave me the camera practice I need...
 What great subjects...wish I could get this kind of great camera practice all the time...
 And capturing some of the moments of Emma in the pool with Dean and Kathy...Emma is so ready to swim, but she gets so tickled and just laughs from the sensation of it.  But this day she did more kicking then ever in her floaty, she got a serious workout...
 So sweet...she was giving us all rocks...rocks from the garden, but she was so excited...also very tired...
 Emma had so much fun with Kathy.  She got undivided attention and loved every minute of it...I think Kathy did too ;)  thank you, Kathy for spending so much time with Emma!  Wish we all lived closer!
Thanks for coming down to visit us, Dean and Kathy, and so glad you got home safely.  We had a great time!  Talk to you soon!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. what a great weekend!!! your pixs are so colorful and clear! lets just have a mutual photo appreciation society, yeah?

    and I want to go on a SWAMP TOUR! just not when its 119 + humidity! LOL!!!

    love the smiles on the darling girl
    : .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika B9:15 PM

    I love the pictures! My dad Dean sent me a link to your blog and told me to read about their trip. Swamp tours sound fun, except for being so hot outside! haha
    You are a great photographer! I loved the pics of Deddy and Kathy.
    And your daughter is so adorable :)

    Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!