Sunday, July 10, 2011

Have you heard? Emma is 3 :)

Emma is 3 and it is time to say cheese!  HA!  I'm very tired as I write this, so that's the best I got...
 And what was your favorite part of the day?  I sleep in Emma's room, since November.  So I started asking her what was her favorite part of the day.  It grew into naming your 5 to 6 favorite parts of your day.  Now it has spread to her asking everyone..."What was your 5 favorite parts of the day?"  To which...most people go...huh???  Then I re-explain what I just wrote ;)  So just go with it...

We let Emma have some little presents, well some not so little gifts leading up to her special day...but she had picked some things at the Disney store that I held back for her on her special day...It's the simple things she likes...so we go with it ;)
 I had originally bought this frame and mat for people to sign it...then at 10:30 p.m. the night before her birthday, I had a wild idea to ditch the glass, and do my own thing to it.  Since it was late, I had to put pretty much the first thing that I grabbed on it without thinking...I know that's something I should always do, because I like how this came out!  Her little party hat too there to the right...I didn't do much creativity to set up the shoot...I was very ready for downtime.
 I got her special chocolate cupcakes made for her.  And I had cut the decorative cupcake holders out about two months before...and happened to have the exact number I needed...37...yay me!
 She picked out the plain blue, yellow, and pink balloons as well as Tinker Bell???  You never know what she wants.  She did first pick out Thomas, the exact Thomas balloon she had last year.  I had to gently steer her away from that...she then almost picked out a lion (it looked like it was for a baby shower), so I'm happy she picked this...
 And I had to post ALL of these pics.  I have shot in manual for so long, I'm all thumbs when it comes to giving the camera to someone else to shoot.  I really messed it up and the photos were extremely underexposed.  All I can say is I'm thankful for Photoshop Elements...these are the most special moments caught on film of the three of us since the day she was placed in our arms...
This is all she really wanted for her birthday...  Before everyone got there, about two hours before, she kept asking if it was time to sing, was it time to light the candles, was it time to lick the cupcakes, are they here yet...  So the moment finally came...I ALWAYS get emotional singing happy birthday to her, so many things going through my mind.  But needless to say...chickadee was VERY excited!
The next favorite thing...decorating the cupcakes...

It's all about those sprinkles...although chocolate is at the top of that favorite list...

So glad that Merrin, Emma's BFF, and Wendy could come. It wouldn't be the same without them. We missed you Joey, but see you soon!
As you can see, it was a very small party...smaller and more intimate than last year.  We were so excited to have Paula and Hailey come.  Paula was Emma's speech therapist, but we now have a strong friendship with them.  And Hailey loves Emma...she is so good with her.  We also have a lot to be thankful for having Paula in our lives.  She has helped us in so many ways, we appreciate her so much.


I look goofy, but Emma is doing the thumbs up with the wink again...I think it's from watching Lightning McQueen on the first Cars movie when he does his little winking...

No need for forks here ;)  we're very casual people...

more thumps up...cracks me up!

And more photos of the three of us...so very few, so I can't help but post all of them!!!

I still can't believe she is 3 now...

She'll always be my baby...oh, and the headband, she was playing in her room, so no we didn't dress her like that...she dresses herself ;)  there is noooo getting her to wear what you want her to wear...although, we agreed on the Minnie Mouse dress...

Had to get some pics of Paula, Hailey, and Emma together...very special relationship...

Hope Emma and Hailey will keep in touch as Hailey gets older and goes off to college one day...

And one last picture of Emma and Merrin playing.  Emma's friend, Tristan, came later in the day...so it was just the right amount of friends...I know parties will probably get bigger to some extent, but she doesn't care about that now, and it's just fine for us...

No one got in the pool.  But it was all about Emma and what she wanted to do...and that was not on her agenda ;)


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo cracking up! what a little character! she's sooooooooo cute!!! but you know that already! yep, yep!!!

    : .)

    Happy Birthday to the big girl!!! (and Mommy and Daddy too!!! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are awesome!!! It was a great party and I so loved watching Emma when we sang happy birthday day, it was so darn cute it makes me smile everytime I think about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!