Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Last Princess at Princess Ballet is...

Well, I was kind of wondering if they were going to let the girls pick the princess they'd like to be...we were there early, and Emma was excited to go help Ms. Brittany lay out the costumes...
...a little girl's dream...
"Ariel is my favorite," Emma says, when I asked her which costume she would pick to wear today.  She was so excited, and I grabbed her long enough to get a few shots of us together in the mirror, and ended up getting this one...oh my...my new favorite.  And the band-aid on her leg is for "sticker" purposes only, no injury ;)
...and I got a couple of her with one of the teachers, Ms. Brittany...this one is my favorite...
So which one was Emma going to dress as today...she has always said that Ariel is her favorite so...
...nope...she decides to be Cinderella ;)  She has been into the Cars Movie, Thomas the Train, and the Princesses...she is a well rounded girl.  But she is definitely ALL girl when it comes to changing her mind ;)
 I had to add this group shot too...because I think Emma really started to like Caroline, to the right of her a lot.  She wanted her to dance with her again today...but Caroline has two older sisters that came today, so she was a little distracted.  I think this is the first time I've seen Emma really take to someone like this and want to play WITH them instead of just along side of them.
 And the last treasure to take home was a crown...then she set down the crown somewhere, so we had to get another one...and yep...she changed her mind...we came home with a blue crown ;)  

It looks like she has been all banged up...but I think the red spot on her forehead is a reaction from a mosquito bite.  The white spot on her cheek has been there for about two months, so not sure what that is.  It started out dry and patchy, which Cedaphil took care of, but the white is still there.  And the marks on her arm are from her being very busy doing lots of drawings.  She not only likes her markers, but now she has discovered she likes my Sharpie poster paint markers...sigh...
And I've been busy putting together a little mini-album of her Princess Ballet class.  I was so inspired by Paige Evans' mini album in the Scrapbook Trends album using the sticky-back canvas with patterned paper transfer for the cover.  Then I was also inspired by how Amy Tangerine puts her mini-albums together, which I cannot wait for her new line to come out.  You can spy some of the cut-outs on the front of this album that I cut using the Silhouette (the girl silhouette and the hanger).

I just took way too many pictures ;)  It's a lot of pages and I sewed down the middle.  I love it, but it is a little stiff on the front page.    I could have tried doing the holes in the center, and then tying ribbon from the outside to bind it.  Maybe another time.  I had tags and other things to bind with it, and sewing it seemed more secure.  It wasn't so bad I felt I had to ditch all the work I had already done.  I've made so many little books in the past, just needed the spark of inspiration to start doing more of these.  Really like the less bulk for storing it.

So I just have the pictures from today to add and it's done...but not tonight.  I've really started to get into my Smash book...so I may play with that a little tonight...

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the mini, it is SO beautiful!! :) What darling pictures!! My girls have gotten older, and I really miss this. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of your sweet life. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!