Friday, July 15, 2011

Scrapbooking, Getting Published, Harry Potter

I have really been trying to be more organized by writing down what products I use on layouts/mini albums and submitting them to magazines for consideration to be published.  I think it's a full time job doing it or else my day just does not allow for me to spend that much time on something else other than something involving chickadee.  I guess it's always that balancing act with everything.

But I am very excited and shocked because I got two things picked up for publication in Scrapbook Trends magazine.  One, I've removed from my blog and galleries already but another I haven't gotten a chance to even post yet...so unless there are space constraints for their magazine, a layout and a mini album will be published in their December magazine.  So thankful and excited!  And Emma will see herself in the magazine!

So here's some layouts that I can post that I've done in the past month or two...
This one is all about the Spring flowers...Emma was so excited about them and watering her daylilies and watching them grow, that I wanted to put this together...
A little different...not masculine, but I thought it fit the title "One of a Kind."  Because Dennis is very much not your typical husband.  I'll cook, sometimes ;) but he cleans. This layout talks about how involved he is with Emma and I on a day to day basis...

I finally documented about the necklace I wear almost daily...means a lot to me...
I am not a cardmaker.  I do them, because I can't see buying a card when I can put something together.  But this one I actually liked.  The moon stamp is from the Studio Calico June Kit, on sale by itself now.  I used white American Craft embossing powder.
 it was a card for my niece...(I think I was in anticipation of the final movie for Harry Potter)
A fun and quick one to put together...
 This one took a little more time.  I used the Silhouette to cut the squares from different patterned papers, so had to do that during the day, working around chickadee, which is a challenge in and of itself...I knew I wanted the "Hip to be Square" because of the silly, dorky photo with her and the goggles...so that part of the design went together quickly...
And  challenge 176 Three Little Birds by Bob Marley is up next on Scrapping the Music.  I love the fun, carefree feel of the song, so I wanted to incorporated that in my layout.  I chose just one word from the song, "singing" to go with these pictures of my daughter being carefree and excited about her first day back at ballet.  Please come join us.  We have a new look to the blog.  We've had a lot of changes in our design team, but we still have some great women and looking for more who share our love of being inspired to scrap the music.  If you're interested in joining our design team, please email Jennifer at happy2scrap4life@hotmail.com
Dennis is able to watch chickadee while I go see the final Harry Potter movie...Emma is scared of Harry Potter right now for obvious reasons.  So when she heard us saying where I was going she said, "I'm worried about you, Momma."  She must think I'll get hurt or scared.  When I tried to buy the tickets online yesterday, she started crying.  So I'm going grocery shopping instead of seeing HP...but you and me know that I'm really going to see HP...

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. BIG congrats, Patricia! I am so proud of you getting published! I can't wait to see your work in their magazine!!!! That is so cool, my friend! I am loving all of the layouts you posted, especially the one for this week's Scrapping the Music song. It is beautiful and very creative. I am so happy to be on the design team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting pubbed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P! you rock!!! I can't wait to see your work published!!!
    Lovely layouts, as usual, I'm cracking up over Hip To Be Square!

    OH, and you ARE a card maker!!! I've always loved the cards you sent!

    Scrap on Sista!!! : .)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!