Monday, August 01, 2011

Had Enough Rain, Scrapping, and Scrapping the Music Challenge 177

I LOVE the rain, I really do...but okay...I think we've had enough now.  I think chickadee has discovered a new fear with all this rain...thunder and lightning.  It didn't help when one day Dennis had taken her to the park and a loud horn (loud noises - afraid of those too) went off...then the ranger said that lightning was 5 miles away...
 ...chickadee is seriously into the "why" stage AND the "where did that come from" stage.  Lunch time Friday was pointing to the bowl, spoon, food, cup, my cup, my bowl, my spoon, the napkin basket, etc. and asking for EACH one "where did that come from."  I don't like the park.  That's more of a time for Dennis and Emma...but I had to do something... 

It had stopped raining, but still bad black clouds...sure enough, as soon we pulled up to the park, the big horn went off...so then off we went to the grocery and then to Starbucks for some pumpkin bread for her and an iced latte for me...
I think most of the rain is gone now, and it is back to being just HOT. I guess the rain wasn't so bad after all ;)

Finished up the Princess Ballet mini album and got some pictures of it...it's a little book with lots of pages...



 Used Studio Calico's Singing in the Rain and Lawn party kits, mostly, with a just few pieces of some other coordinating patterned paper as cutouts...
So lots of Studio Calico exclusives and the beautiful Crate Paper Emma line...

 Used the Silhouette a lot...the embroidery hoop was another one of Amy Tangerine's (American Crafts) designs in the Silhouette Studio software...
 I tried to document the "flow" of the classes in the beginning of the book..



 I did all the stamping before binding...
 ...stamped on some of the cut outs and tags too before...
 Also used some stickers in the middle of the page, where the binding would go...just for interest mostly...
 I did use a little bit of chipboard, but tried to keep it all flat...
 there's one or two pages that started to tear at the top, but I think they are secure...just a lot of pictures to put in so needed a lot of pages...
 Used the K&Company Smash stamp with the fun phrases...


 Very fun to put together...so glad I had enough patterned paper left to make it...I think these two are my favorite pages...
 This time, I printed my pictures to about the size I wanted, then I measured the photos and used the Silhouette to cut out frames..





 I loved these exclusive Basic Grey blue stickers from one of the Studio Calico kits...I have had a ball with their kits...Emma does too ;)

 Also used some washi tape here and there...this one has some on the top and bottom...


 ...and used some of the wonderful Smash tape too...really love that line...

 Flowers, butterflies, circles, everything with Silhouette...I don't use my punches much.  It really didn't take too much time to have to do the cutting because the designs were not intricate or large...
 another one of my favorite pages from the album...the picture and the layout...

 frame and little bits of ephemera are from Daily Junque and October Afternoon 5&Dime...this frame was from OA 5&Dime.  I just misted it with Applejack mist from Studio Calico...sprays a good color in a few sprays, dries fast, and then I can use it fast...fast is what I need ;)

 The pink ribbon was my last few bits left over from the Crate Paper Neighborhood line.

Then the next day was cleanup day because both me and Emma made a mess in the scrap room.  Then while cleaning, I grabbed this negative (I've seen Jen Jockisch - who I love - do this too with her Silhouette leftovers)...so I put this together...didn't know where it was going, until I had gathered up things I liked...then printed the iPhone pics that I used Instagram to edit...love how it came out...
So now onto Scrapping the Music's next challenge...
I was practicing taking pictures because I was right in the middle of a photography class through Big Picture Scrapbooking...but I ended up getting a lot of cool shots throughout this particular day.  The next song up is by Yael Naim, "New Soul."  I have heard this song, well, I've lost count how many times now...because one night as I was humming it, going to bed with Emma, she asked what I was singing...so I showed her the video and she loved it...we call it "the girl moving in" song.  I ended up looking up who the singer was, because of her unique name and accent.  She was born in Paris to an Israeli family and served in the Israeli army...how cool is that I thought.  It's a beautiful, fun song...so I used the fun feel of the song to scrap about this particular day...
Come scrap with us for this challenge...pick a word or lyrics from the song and match it to a photo...get the memory documented while being creative. 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I seldom scrap mini books but yours look fantastic ! And I bookmarked some of the layouts by Jen Jockisch. Your lift is wonderful. Too bad I don´t have such a big punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the mini!!! I envy your scrappiness, I need to make more time to get back to it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Patricia! I am loving all of your work!!! The mini-album turned out beautifully, as did both your your creative layouts! I especially love the STM page and the info you gave me about the artist! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!