Thursday, August 25, 2011

Layouts to Share; Ultrasound; STM Anniversary

I am not too good with "themed" layouts...mini albums come more natural to me, but not layouts.  So for Emma's birthday layout, I picked the "Have You Heard, Emma is 3" using the picture of her on the toy phone.  That helped to make it flow a little more for me.  I used mainly the "Mind the Gap" kit from Studio Calico with just a few chipboard pieces from "Lawn Party."
 And a layout that I wanted to document this relationship that we all have with Paula and Hailey.  The journaling is hidden in the little envelope behind the photo.  Used "Mind the Gap" with the flower brads from the "Lawn Party" kit.  Have to say, the strips cut at the bottom like that are inspired from Jen Jockisch.  She has a PDF with instructions on how she did her layout (which her's is way better than how mine came out)...I did my own thing with it, but I love the collage look and quilt look to it as well.

One with just Emma pretending to take my picture with the toy camera...
 One, that's all about the birthday girl opening her presents on the day of her birthday, the day before her party.  On all of the layouts, I used the Silhouette to cut circles, etc.  This one, I cut the balloon, and the folded flower too...I misted the ballon then put it back with a bright colored piece of pattern paper under it.
 Ever since I did the Princess Ballet video with the song "Once Upon a Dream," I've had it in my head on and off...so I used the lyrics to the song for scrapping the two year anniversary of us becoming a family.  I used the Silhouette to cut out "Once Upon a Time," then put the patterned paper behind it.  And I used the special Chinese Stamp that we had handmade while we were in Guangzhou (our last stop before heading home).
Here's pictures of the stamps.  You pick out what Chinese zodiac you want, what you want the stamp to say...and they will carve it into the stamp for you.  I'm so glad we got these stamps.
We had one made with Emma's name in Chinese.  That one has a rat on it since she was born in the year of the rat.  Hard to tell the animals unless you are really close up.  
 Since it's done by hand...it takes about a day until ready, so have to order in time before you head back home...
 And this one says Happy Family in Chinese with the dragon on it.  The dragon and the phoenix symbolize happy family.  I'd have to look it up, but the substance they give you in the round pot is unique...have to experiment with stamping several times and let it dry...


Rushing around before I have to pick up Emma.  I got my results of the mammogram...the lump is showing up, so next thing to do is go for the ultrasound.  That will be next Tuesday.  So hoping all is fine...

And check back on my blog on August 31st for a special blog hop in celebration of Scrapping the Music's (STM) 4 year anniversary.  Each member of the design team will be having a prize on her blog.  So check back on Wednesday, the 31st, for more details.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Patricia! I am loving all of your beautiful layouts celebrating your daughter's birthday, 2 years together as a family, etc! So beauitufl! We have a " with Anne's name on it, too! so cool to see your photos here. And I will keep you in my prayers for a clear sonogram on Tuesday. Take care, Patricia!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time out to leave me a comment...hope you have a wonderful day!